Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yeah, went to GC with $200 in my pocket (sold my 1983 Ibby Roadstar II to my dad), with full intentions on getting a hanging guitar stand. Walked out with this for $109.

Played it in the store for about 30m, couldn't find a thing wrong with it.

I forgot about the stand :yesway:

·
Premium Member
9,388 Posts
:lol: You lack willpower sir.

·
Premium Member
3,391 Posts
I can attest to the OLP basses, I have one very similar (5 string, Stingray style, natural finish) and it is a very very nice bass. Sounds awesome.

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Those are great basses. Electronics might need some swapping, but that's only if you get really picky. Can't argue for $109 if the frets are nice and the neck is straight.

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The neck is about 95% straight. There's a bit of a bump above the 12th fret on the treble side, but try as I might at GC, I couldn't get much buzz, even with the action being frightening low.

I also scored a little 2x10 cab for $50. Currently running the bass straight into the MosValve 500 into the cab. I'd like to either get a preamp, or a proper bass amp at some point.

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Tech 21 VT Bass. $130 and awesome.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
So that was $109, or you traded something in and it cost you 109 after the fact?

If that's a $109 bass, I'm going to go buy one tomorrow. :lol:

·
Premium Member
13,448 Posts
$109? :eek: What the fuck? That's insanely cheap... I've never seen a 5-string for that cheap. New or used.

·
Registered
7,393 Posts
So that was $109, or you traded something in and it cost you 109 after the fact?

If that's a $109 bass, I'm going to go buy one tomorrow. :lol:
I believe that, unless you know where one is, those are not being made anymore. But For $109 I'd probably have bought one my self :lol:

$109? :eek: What the fuck? That's insanely cheap... I've never seen a 5-string for that cheap. New or used.
I have.. Was the Ibanez GSR105EX New they run about $199 and the one I saw was used for like $99 IIRC.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts