Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Argh
2,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had this about a month now, I also got a new guitar. But between exams and seeing family members I kept forgetting to post this.
Sorry for the bad pictures.

It's got a WGS (Warehouse) Veteran 30 speaker which is like a V30 but without such a big mid spike. It sounds great, I'm already considering another but with a WGS Green Beret (Greenback).

·
Argh
2,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats a nice setup you have there!

I especially approve of the cab colourscheme!
Thanks mate.
Truth be told, when I ordered it I just asked Paul (at Zilla) to make it the same colour scheme as the one Ola plays on a few videos:

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
Looks great! so this is a 112?

·
Argh
2,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looks great! so this is a 112?
Yeah mate. I'm gonna get another with a greenback and run both at the same time.
Basically, I only gig one every few months or so, and I never play to more than 100 people or so.
Plus, when I'm home from university at my parents' my room is in the attic, with only ladders to get there so anything much bigger than this is a pain to get through the trap door on my own :lol:

·
Mod Britannia
7,233 Posts
Nice :yesway:

I've been debating getting a 1x12 Zilla to pair with my 5150-iii 50w as a mini rig when I can't be bothered to drag the 3x12 out.

·
Argh
2,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nice :yesway:

I've been debating getting a 1x12 Zilla to pair with my 5150-iii 50w as a mini rig when I can't be bothered to drag the 3x12 out.
Well I can say with certainty that it rocks. It sounds great even at higher volumes. I've got a WGS veteran 30 and I'd recommend it to anyone. I've noticed a lot of 'boutique' companies have started using the WGS speakers. Like Suhr, Custom Audio Amps, 3 Monkeys etc.

·
Argh
2,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'd recommend either the Cornford cab with V30 or a Zilla cab with either greenbacks (it would have to be a 2x12 though) or a V30/veteran 30. The Veteran 30 does tame the mids somewhat as there isn't that inherent mid spike that is common with the celestion.
I know that Zilla make the fatboy and super fatboy, but I'm not so sure they'd be a good match for the Roadhouse, if I were you I'd go standard Zilla modern size.

But I find there's a good amount of mids that come from the amp naturally, so i tend to run the settings slightly scooped. But I love this amp. I just want a nice Plexi clone (like a Cornell) to go with it and I'll be set for amps.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts