Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
OldSchool Blacksmith
2,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seems a little silly to post a "guess what I bought" thread for this since anyone participating in these threads should know it.

But, this one has a neat story now.

So, Josh let me know he had this puppy for sale last weekend when I was considering buying a cab to go with the Jet City JCA22H I bought off him the weekend before. In typical Josh fashion, he super-packs it, forces Fed Ex to open 10 minutes early to take it and get it on a truck and away we go it's cruising from NYC to South Texas just like that.

Along the way, it had a lay over in Louisiana right as the evacuation orders were coming in... The whole time I was thinking "it's Fed Ex, surely they'll have some crazy reason for stopping and then the hurricane is going to kill my new cabinet"

Well, they didn't, they drove right down through what is now ground zero for Hurricane Laura all of about 3-5 hours before the storm made landfall. The cab got to Houston right as the hurricane was making landfall last night in Louisiana and Fed Ex had it in town here right as the sun came up.

If Josh has been a slacker and waited to ship it even so much as 12 hours later, who knows where it would be now... In Kansas maybe looking for a glass shoe'd little girl and her dog? Oh wait, that's a tornado tale...

Haven't had a ton of time to play through it yet, but what little I did it sounded great. I had a 412 sitting where it and the two Marshalls are about 6 months ago, but these three take up less space and - so far - sound just as good.

In the grand scheme, this is so trivial and I definitely feel for all the folks impacted by the hurricane - especially after we endured Harvey just a few years ago - those things are no joke. But, I'm going to be thankful this beauty made it across the face of the 'cane in one piece.

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Glad it made it there in one piece, and dry! Enjoy the cab, I put in a lot of home jamming hours on it.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
I know it's just a black cab with a logo on it, but something about it is just classy as fuck. :metal:

·
OldSchool Blacksmith
2,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Got to crank it for about 10 minutes. Me and this one are going to get along great. :james:

·
MG.ORG Irregular
9,747 Posts
Nice dude, they def need to downsize the logo though I'm surprised you can even hear it with how big it is...

·
OldSchool Blacksmith
2,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nice dude, they def need to downsize the logo though I'm surprised you can even hear it with how big it is...
Ha. Totally.

I know it's just a black cab with a logo on it, but something about it is just classy as fuck. :metal:
Love how stealthy it looks. And, like the reviews say it definitely fills the room. Not overpowering in here like my 412 was and don't need to push it hard to get a great, ambient sound level.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts