Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Nerdington Willoughby
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New car day. Don't have a real pic yet, but this is what it looks like:

263hp, 280 ft-lb of torque, 6 speed manual, and enough space to still qualify as family friendly. I'm still somewhat new to stick shift, but I can drive it well enough to realize it's a total beast of a car!

·
NICE BLACKMACHINE YO
7,276 Posts
New car day. Don't have a real pic yet, but this is what it looks like:

263hp, 280 ft-lb of torque, 6 speed manual, and enough space to still qualify as family friendly. I'm still somewhat new to stick shift, but I can drive it well enough to realize it's a total beast of a car!
Sweet. Is it true that manual transmissions are an upcharge in the USA? :lol:

We need a car forum.

·
Jigsaw?
3,913 Posts
Congrats, that thing looks sweet. Can't wait to get rid of the piece of crap I'm driving.

·
Premium Member
1,927 Posts
Fun car. Drove one around Laguna a few months back. Handled great. :yesway:

Out of all the JPN manufacturers. I also tend to like the Mazda interiors the best. Their instrument clusters seem to be the best thought out for performance driving.

BTW, they're not joking in their ads that Mazda's are the preferred weapon of choice for weekend racers. Very few mods need to be done on their cars to make them spec-racer ready. That car is just begging to be autocrossed.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Actually I don't think an automatic is available at all on this car. 6 speed manual. Great bang for you buck on this car.

Just wish Mazda would bring back a real Rotary sports car - I miss my '93 RX-7.

·
I don't like it.
11,071 Posts
Fun car. Drove one around Laguna a few months back. Handled great. :yesway:

Out of all the JPN manufacturers. I also tend to like the Mazda interiors the best. Their instrument clusters seem to be the best thought out for performance driving.

BTW, they're not joking in their ads that Mazda's are the preferred weapon of choice for weekend racers. Very few mods need to be done on their cars to make them spec-racer ready. That car is just begging to be autocrossed.
The RX8 has one of the best designed interiors of any car I've been in. I still would love to get one, though I'd have a hard time keeping the Renesis in it, I'd want to 20B swap it :lol:

Great car choice, though I still hate the smiley face front bumper :lol: Are there any aftermarket bumpers out there that don't look so anime? :rofl:

·
EMERRRRRRRY!
720 Posts
Awesome car bro, congrats! I had a Mazda 3-S a few years back and loved it, if I had a cheap fun car it would be either a mazda speed3 or a subaru WRX STi, both of them are killer! :yesway:

·
Read Only
1 Posts
Great car -great power :agreed: congrats man

I actually prefer the white S grand touring interior to the speed 3 (the red/black is a bit to boy racer for me) But the speed threes are so much fun to drive i could live with it

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Wow that bumper makes the car look 100% less like a Peugeot, and 110% better.

·
Mr. Negative Pants, ,
14,796 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Dethphone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

Sweet car. Even the non-Mazdaspeed 3 is a lot of fun and really nice for not too much cash.

Those aftermarket bumpers are for the previous generation, no?

·
DOO)))M
7,435 Posts
You and I have similar tastes in cars, as I too have been keeping my eyes out for used Mazda 3's (or 6's as well)

·
Nerdington Willoughby
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Congrats! Does not help my GAS for a new car. :lol:
I should mention that if anyone has GAS for this car, it better be premium :)

(Note for any UKer's, Aussies, etc. who don't get the joke: gas = petrol.)

1 - 20 of 42 Posts