Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Mod Britannia
7,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, new to me anyway :lol:

It's a 1999 Ford Mondeo ST200, which means it's got a 200bhp 2.5litre V6 under the bonnet. It's not stock, it's been lowered, has what looks like a K&N cone filter (though it's not labeled) and it's allegedly been remapped, but obviously I can't say for sure. What I can say is it goes like stink and sounds glorious! I paid £1850 for it, which isn't bad considering it's only got 82,000 miles on it. It's not mint, but then mint one's are £3000+.

An aircon regas is top of the "to do" list, followed by a new Ford badge for the grill and a new pair of side repeaters as these one's have yellowed and detract from the car. From there I'll replace a couple of window rubbers that are starting to go, then gradually get round to sorting the small amount of cosmetic rust just starting to come through on the arches, but having a mate who's a paint sprayer helps there.

Anyway, pics! It's actually a bit darker than it looks, the sun made the camera lighten up the pics.

Low? Just a tad!

Mmm, twin pipes...

1/2 leather Recaro's in rare all black (normally 1/2 leather has a burguny centre) :yesway:

(I might get a full leather interior at some point, but I can more than live with this)

Still not sure about the blue dials (which are stock), but I guess it is a 90's car

·
Mutes the Meat
10,236 Posts
I agree with Max, they built your car backwards dude.

·
Slow Money
14,612 Posts
consider yourself fortunate they didnt stick the exhaust under the hood and just chain the engine to the back bumper

·
I don't like it.
11,071 Posts
Nice ride. We got a version of that car, called the Ford Contour, but it wasn't a hatch like yours is(or at least, yours looks like a hatch with the bubble rear windshield). The SVT Contour is actually a pretty nice car, which looks to be basically what yours is.

·
Mod Britannia
7,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, it's a hatchback. They mostly are, but there's a few estates and a very limited number of saloons, which were a special edition. It shares components with the Contour, but they are different.

·

745 Posts
Congrats Man! The car looks pretty nice, but I just couldn't imagine leaving the driving to a passenger... How do you live with it everyday?

·
Bro of Bros, Bro.
15,373 Posts
Man, nice score!

That is very clean for a 1999, and very low miles at 82k. Great price as well.

Congrats!

·
NICE BLACKMACHINE YO
7,276 Posts
This thread makes me giggle. Having driven both ways round shifting with my left feels more natural, but shifting with my right is doable too. First few times it felt like I was trying to eat with my fork in my right hand - very odd! :lol:

Swish car by the way. needs a proper spoiler on it though, that one ain't doing jack.shit. :D

1 - 20 of 25 Posts