Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Argh
2,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got the PRS Custom 22 just over two weeks ago. I was never a PRS fan at all, but before the lockdown in the UK I played a couple at my local and fell in love with how well they played, the fretwork, the weight and just how loud and even they sounded up and down the neck.

In the end I caved in and ordered this Custom 22 Ltd which comes with ebony fretboard instead of the usual rosewood. The only reason I didn't go for the 24 is because I don't like how PRS just shove the neck pickup further back.

The Patrick James Eggle I got today. It's his Oz model. Chambered swamp ash back with quilt maple top and flame maple neck. For those who aren't as familiar with this brand they are a UK based company building guitars in a small team. Not to be confused with Patrick Eggle guitars which was sold in the mid-nineties and made the Berlin model for example.

On to the pics:

·
Argh
2,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow, that Tele-type is absolutey beautiful! Congrats!
Thanks! It's a really nice instrument. The cleans on it are fantastic as well. But I'm going to tune it to D and play some Death riffs on it soon, just waiting for some new strings to arrive!
It's my only hard tail so I'm going to use it for different tunings.

·
Guiterrorizer
15,696 Posts
Those look great! I thought PJE and patrick eggle were the same brand just redone. Found out about them via johnny truant (and got to play Reuben's briefly).

·
Argh
2,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Those look great! I thought PJE and patrick eggle were the same brand just redone. Found out about them via johnny truant (and got to play Reuben's briefly).
Patrick Eggle sold his stake in the original company in 1994 I believe. Since then he had nothing to do with the company, although they continued to use his designs.

He started his new business "Patrick James Eggle" when he started building acoustics. He then started to build electric again around 8 years ago in his UK factory. It's a very small team building guitars mostly by hand. And Eggle himself is heavily involved in the build process.

·
Guiterrorizer
15,696 Posts
Cool stuff. Enjoy your sweet collection!

·
Thread Killer
2,196 Posts
Completely unrelated side note, I auditioned for Johnny Truant when they were still called Severance, but turned it down because I couldn't stand the singer.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts