Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
SPEEEEED HOOOOLES!!!
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
K so most of us will remember the 30 fret wargarbl guitar that Ibanez put out as a limited edition 2011 thing. The most standout feature (to me) was a "neck pickup simulator" that used the bridge pickup to give you a neck pickup tone.

It's an awesome idea and I cannot, for the life of me, find anyone who has managed to copy that system or even create a schematic for people to make one themselves. Anyone seen anything like this around somewhere?

·
SPEEEEED HOOOOLES!!!
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My question was whether or not anyone has managed to copy it and put it in something else. That's a dimarzio tone-zone in that guitar, so i imagine it works with any pickups. That idea lends merit to the "fixed tone pot" idea, since all you'd need is the right value resistor, but I haven't actually heard a solid demo of that circuit either.

The internet has been less than forthcoming with info regarding this little piece of awesome.

·
18,790 Posts
Wirelessly posted :)sponge:)

It's an active EQ of some sort, not just a passive tone pot or resister. There'd be more to it than just rolling off the highs, if it even works. I'd look around for reviews from people who've actually played one first, as I have a hard time believing it would sound as good as an actual neck pickup.

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
Does it work? It's an interesting idea, but if it sucks...

·
Bored of boredom
878 Posts
This sounds like a really cool idea, especially since I'm modding my rg into a bridge pickup thing, anyone take a swing at messing with an active eq to emulate it?

·
Registered
575 Posts
I'd ask around on more forums just looking for someone who owns it, knows someone who owns it, or knows some place where they can go get a look at one. I think a picture of the electronics cavity should reveal a lot. I'm quite curious too, it would be an awesome feature for people who love the look and/or sound of great single pickup guitars like an LP Junior (HO GAWD <3), Phil X's signature Yamaha, Van Halen copies, but still want more versatility. I think the idea is genius, and it should be technology that is worked with and refined. Imagine having an HH setup where the neck pickup is a sustainer, and you also have an emulated neck pickup of your choice? That would be pretty cool.

·
Where?!
2,632 Posts
WANT. THAT. GUITAR.
It helps the Francesco is an awesome player, but yes, it does look like it would be fun...

·
Jigsaw?
3,913 Posts
I want to make sex with that guitar. The closest thing I can think of was the old Tri-Sound setup they put in some of the Studio guitars.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts