Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a carvin amp which is a great blues/classic rock amp, 3 knob Eq, very warm and extra nice crunch. I really want a good full metal tone and I thought a good distortion pedal will help me get a good metal tone. I bought the MXR super badass distortion thinking it will do the job because I saw everyone was raving about it but I was supprised to find it didn't sound good on my amp at all. I didn't want to spend even more money trying to get a good tone than I already have so I thought buying the spark by positive grid will deliver on good metal tones on a budget. Well it sounds really dull to me and im really frustrated because I already spent a lot of money between the pedal and the spark. I'm selling both, should I buy a really high quality distortion for the carvin or should I buy a 400 dollar'ish amp? Can I even get a good metal tone out of a blues style amp? Thanks anyway

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just get a boss katana. They are well within your budget and they have everything you would want for a simple good metal sound. I personally have one. Then I get a randall diavlo 20 watt head with matching v30 cab with a horizon devices precision drive which is so good together for metal but that whole rig was about 1100 bucks and i believe you wanted to keep the price down. So ultimately just get a boss katana. You wont be upset when you try it. And the 50 watt katana only costs 239.00 bucks. They also have a 100 watt katana for around 350 bucks I believe. Watch a katana review. For the price alone they are worth it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts