Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

So I need to change my button position on my guitar. I guess it is neck heavy because it continues to force it self to stay nearly horizontal to the ground when I am standing.
My prefered holding position is

Here are the current button positions (sorry for dirty guitar :( )

20181014_220259.jpg 20181014_220212.jpg

Is there anything I can do to fix it? I'm not comfortable at all without playing with my guitar in a diagonal position.

·
Premium Member
5,213 Posts
It's because it's on the back. If its moved to the tip of the horn it will sit the way you want it to.

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
It's because it's on the back. If its moved to the tip of the horn it will sit the way you want it to.
+1

You want to move it more towards the headstock, not further closer to the body.

·
Read Only
3 Posts
If you want it to hang like a Vee, put the strap button on the neck plate. Take out the top neck plate screw that's closest to the neck, then use that screw to put in the strap button. I'm mainly a Vee player, and like classical position. I do this to my strats, and they balance perfectly for me standing up.

·
Super Moderator
7,708 Posts
If you want it to hang like a Vee, put the strap button on the neck plate. Take out the top neck plate screw that's closest to the neck, then use that screw to put in the strap button. I'm mainly a Vee player, and like classical position. I do this to my strats, and they balance perfectly for me standing up.
With the standard super strat guitars (RG, Soloist, etc.), I find that sitting in classical position is the same for me as standing up and playing them. They're very well balanced guitars and feel great standing or sitting, which is probably a big reason why they're just so popular. The few times I've played a V (usually a King V), I didn't get on with sitting with the guitar, I found it to be sliding everywhere. I totally dig playing them standing up though.

·
This space for rent
1,482 Posts
i appreciate the contrast between the two pics you used to show the classical position :lol:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i appreciate the contrast between the two pics you used to show the classical position :lol:
Hah glad someone got a kick out of that! :yesway:

OK I'm going to give that a shot before i start drilling any holes into my guitar.
I thought that might have been another option, we will see how that goes.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok for the standing position, this works PERFECTLY! it sits exactly like I want it too.
Too bad the guitar is neck heavy and does a bit of a dive if I let it go.
But atleast it's in the right position while I'm playing now

1 - 13 of 13 Posts