Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Noodles

Votes: 10 43.5%
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Les Paul Nut
8,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pick the fate of my RG350, lots of great choices but I can't pick one.

·
Les Paul Nut
8,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
recommend based on your actual experiences with the choices, if no experiences then recommend something that come in the area of my choices.

·
Serious Bedroom Guitarist
982 Posts
recommend based on your actual experiences with the choices, if no experiences then recommend something that come in the area of my choices.
Ah sorry - I'm on tapatalk where you can't see polls. Your first post makes more sense now :lol:

·
Les Paul Nut
8,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ah sorry - I'm on tapatalk where you can't see polls. Your first post makes more sense now :lol:
I was like uh I have a poll you know but I figured I would clarify for others before they voted.

·
Uses more gain than you.
4,377 Posts
Tuning/Music?

I've used every pickup on that list except the Evo2 and the BKPs. :lol: The TZ/AN is great if you do E or Eb, but with lower tunings sounds less than stellar. The D-activators sound good through a thick amp tone, but sounds thin with a Marshally type tone, IMO.

If you're looking for good all around and have a decently middy amp, I would go Steve's Special/Liquifire. I definitely prefer the LF to the AN.

·
Retarded P.A Overlord.
14,248 Posts
I own guitars with both D'activators and BKP's. 2 very different guitars mind you (neckthru, mahogany, 25.5" vs. bolt-on and basswood at 26.5"), but for me, the BKP wins hands down. However, what tuning and style of music? Saying BKP's and no specific choices is a bit a broad scale too, since they do ALOT of pick-ups.

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
I'm really enjoying the Norton/HumFromHell in my LTD EX-50.

·
Les Paul Nut
8,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
tuning is going to be standard only since it's going to be floyd equipped, planning on getting a rg321 for Drop C and what not. basically everything on the poll is what i've heard on youtube/have used in the past that I really enjoyed just can't figure which set. BTW the BKP choice was more of a joke, those cost more than what I paid for the guitar :rofl:

·
Les Paul Nut
8,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
now that I think about it, I need a set that is very versatile with the switching I plan to use on it. My 5 way switch will go like this...

Bridge hum - inner coils - both hums - outter coils - Neck hum

·
El Kabong
5,037 Posts
I feel like if I had just gotten a 350 for use in standard tuning and wasn't going for BKPs, I'd put a Tone Zone/Liquifire in there.

·
Banned
7,428 Posts
Wirelessly posted (A Destroyer of short people: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8G4 Safari/6533.18.5)

I'm in a similar position figuring out what goes into my 7421. I'm thinking D-Activator bridge and LiquiFire neck. I voted Noodles though since he'll fit with only mild routing.

·
Les Paul Nut
8,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Wirelessly posted (A Destroyer of short people: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8G4 Safari/6533.18.5)

I'm in a similar position figuring out what goes into my 7421. I'm thinking D-Activator bridge and LiquiFire neck. I voted Noodles though since he'll fit with only mild routing.
shit he doesn't require routing to fit in any cavity.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts