Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Resident Rivethead.
1,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, so I'm currently rigless, but still have my ibby 7420 with BKP Warpigs in it.

I'm thinking about selling the 7420 to get one of the Schecter Damien Elite 8 strings (as a mate has offered to lend me his Orange Crush 10w combo to use :lol:), which I have been GASing for for a while, and because the tone/feel of the Ibby just isn't doing it for me, and neither is the lo-TRS...

The thing is though, I might have enough for a small combo amp that's a little more my style, so I need to know if there's anything I should be looking at?

My list at the moment is pretty much the Spider IV (I have nothing against L6's tones), or possibly a Peavey Vypyr...

Anything else I should be looking at? Needless to say, the cheaper the easier, and I'm not even 100% i'll be able to afford one, it depends on the shipping cost of the Schecter.

Thanks for the help in advance :)

·
18,790 Posts
I heard a Roland Cube in person for the first time recently, walked into a shop and wondered what the guy was playing through because it was loud and warm and nice sounding, and spotted that it was a tiny little cube. Sounded seriously bigger than it actually is, I was very impressed.

For tube options, look at Blackstar, and I've heard decent things about the Peavey 6505+ combos.

·
Resident Rivethead.
1,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
For tube options, look at Blackstar, and I've heard decent things about the Peavey 6505+ combos.
I'd like to try a 6505 combo, but believe me when I say that it's WAAAAY out of my budget :lol: (If I could afford that, I'd be grabbing one of the line 6 Spider Valve combos... I love me some harsh L6 tone :lol:)

My budget is basically as low as possible... The lower, the more likely it is I'll be able to pull it off. I've looked at the HT-5, but I thikn it may be a touch beyond my reach.

I'm definitely having a look into the Roland :lol: It also means I get to try one out :D

Thanks for the help guys, really. Keep em coming if htere are more I've missed :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts