Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Read Only
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, because of my growth weight and metabolism i am not gaining the weight i should. Im in fact losing weight(odd). Im considering creatine and working out in the late/early AM when i am awake and not doing anything.

Any suggestions on a plan i should follow? Any really good links to follow to maintain a healthy weight?

Keep in mind im 6'2 and growing about 1 inch every 8 months and was 155 at my peak at 6ft. Not that anymore, although i will blame the ssl conosle(jokes) and smoking.

Now im really considering quitting smoking even more and this can probably help me overcome my metal and physical addiction.

Thanks.

·
Thread Killer
6,491 Posts
Creatine will help give you more atp which will help with strength and power but not gaining "weight" that will come from diet.

What do you weigh? What do you eat on a regular basis?

·
Premium Member
9,388 Posts

·
Pallin' around
9,532 Posts
Creatine won't help you gain weight. It will help you recover between workouts better, thus improving workout efficiency and strength.

What you really need to do is watch your protein intake, and more importantly, your protein to fat ratio.

I was (and still am) just like you. Somewhat tall, super skinny, and a weak little pussy. I was 160 at 6'2". What you want to try to do is consume 75% of your body weight in grams of protein.

Since I don't know you're math skills I'll help you. 155lb * .75 = 116 grams of protein a day. You also want to try to keep your fat under 40 grams a day. Then get on a workout regimen and stick to it. Doing this I went from 160 to 175 of just muscle mass.

Although, 175lb 6'2" unfortunately still means I'm a big pussy. sigh. Time to hit the gym.

·
Read Only
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Creatine will help give you more atp which will help with strength and power but not gaining "weight" that will come from diet.

What do you weigh? What do you eat on a regular basis?
not as much as i should, 155- 30ish. I eat what ever i can find, but after paying attention to the calories, its not that much really.

·
Pallin' around
9,532 Posts
Make friends with a really fat chick and just follow her around and eat everything she eats. You'll look disgusting in no time :yesway: (but seriously, count protein)

·
Thread Killer
6,491 Posts
Travis Listen to me, this is my job. You should consume at least 1 gram of protein per pound of body weight. That is including food and shakes. Don't Waste your money on weight gainers get a decent whey protein and maltodextrin(cheap) bang 3 to 4 shakesa day plus food you will be golden. Pm me if you need more help.

·
Bro of Bros, Bro.
15,373 Posts
Travis Listen to me, this is my job. You should consume at least 1 gram of protein per pound of body weight. That is including food and shakes. Don't Waste your money on weight gainers get a decent whey protein and maltodextrin(cheap) bang 3 to 4 shakesa day plus food you will be golden. Pm me if you need more help.
Yup, Jason's right. You're gonna want to shoot for about 1 gram per lb of body weight.

Get some ON (Optimum Nutrition) 100% Whey, that's really good bang for the buck. Not the absolute best tasting, but not that bad at all. I personally prefer the hydrowhey, but that can be quite a bit more expensive.

Jason, what do you think about Cytosport Monster Milk? I think that's pretty loaded up. It's got maltodextrin and kre-alkalyn in it.

·
Read Only
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ya im gonna try drinking a gallon of milk a day, money's tight now and its the cheapest route. I drank a gallon today and it wasnt bad. I think im jut going to watch what else i eat that has calcium.

·
Premium Member
9,388 Posts
I don't know that gallon of milk is a really good idea. Too much calcium can lead to all sorts of unpleasant things, like shitty bricks literally. All that calcium can cause lots of nastiness if you do it too long.

·
Read Only
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I don't know that gallon of milk is a really good idea. Too much calcium can lead to all sorts of unpleasant things, like shitty bricks literally. All that calcium can cause lots of nastiness if you do it too long.
Ya, i called my doc and asked about it. He said to watch other calcium sources because i could form kidney stones, dont drink soda, and do it for one month maximum. I dont know if its going to work, but trial and error. And i needa buy a new toilet!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts