Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
lick the wounds
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the demo these songs are from was recorded in Feb. of this year. I decided to put some up on youtube to see what happens. thought i'd share with you guys and see what you think. running blind out here where im the only metal guitarist for 100 miles lol thanks for listening and don't hold back; let me know what you think

·
Chromaphonic Invader
1,298 Posts
I like it, it's kind of thrash with a punk twist which is pretty cool. It's a bit of a cacophony with the drums though, they don't have enough definition to tell what's going on at that tempo. I think you should change the kick. Also make sure you keep the vocals tighter, the beginning of polar opposites could have had a better tone, but closer to the yelling bit and the yelling bit fit really well with the song in my opinion.

Axis has some really cool riffs going on, but I think it needs more of a hook somewhere to separate the chorus, maybe like a higher vocal part going ahhhh or ohhh or whatever. I think it needs a solo over part of the staccato rhythm part too. The end is sweet!

I dig it :yesway:, I could see it going over really well live. Also I'm being completely honest, I would tell you straight up if I thought it sucked :p. Do you write everything yourself or are there other members?

·
lick the wounds
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks ILdÐÆMc. i've never put too much thought into solos cause we've been a 3 piece since we started in '05, but im looking into loop stations so its becoming more of a possibility. and i've never thought about having a solo over the "intro" riff pattern. badass. as far as the writing; you write what you play. i.e. i write the guitar parts (music) and the drummer comes up with all his shit and the vocalist writes all the lyrics.

·
lick the wounds
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
this is the one i've been looking at. does anybody know if any of the BOSS multi effects processors has a loop station in it?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts