Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Musician's Friend has them with free shipping. I got a bass set and a guitar set... gonna see how they compare to Elixirs.

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Holy! Much better than I thought they were going to look!
You need a combination green/pink set for your UV. Except, I don't think they have a 7th string yet... but you should snag a set for one of your frootier instruments, or even better a few sets and split them up.

BLINKY STRING LIGHTS?!?!

:( Wish they were Elixirs.
We'll have to see. They probably won't be as good, but my Rickenbacker and my Warmoth need new strings so I figured I'd give them a shot.

·
Tr00 Kvlt
5,914 Posts
I used to play Black Diamond black coated strings for years and I loved them. Color coated strings have a very nice feel to them. I tried Elixer nano web once and didn't like them as much oddly enough, I know i'm in the minority here. Never tried the DR coated strings, but I will be buying some of these in the near future.

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
Since Elixir has a coating, they can follow suit. They just need to add some of the same phosphor-like chemicals (same as in highlighters) to the coating material, and bingo bango Django.

Mwa-hey, bwa-hai.

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Since Elixir has a coating, they can follow suit. They just need to add some of the same phosphor-like chemicals (same as in highlighters) to the coating material, and bingo bango Django.

Mwa-hey, bwa-hai.
I wish Elixir would, actually. No coated string I've tried has been as good... but we shall see. The Elixir bass strings aren't great on my Ric, so if these are a little less clanky I might well like them.

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
And on the plus side, they can't be any worse than those Aurora pieces of junk. Deader than doornails, no sustain, rattled like crazy, coating came right off, and barely long enough to fit on my Jackson's 3+3 headstock and my 34" Schecter.

·
Premium Member
9,388 Posts
They're a little flashy for me but I have a lot of good stuff about DR's new DDT strings. I might have to try a set.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts

Mwa-hey, bwa-hai.
You're talking about the company that won't make a string between 56 and 68... ain't going to happen :lol:

That said I may need to get some of these for something fr00ty I have in progress :agreed:

WHAT? NO PURPLE?!?!?! :scream:

1 - 20 of 48 Posts