Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Read Only
1,374 Posts
This fucking sucks. As somebody that's had this happen to multiple family members, I wish him and his family the absolute best.

·
Read Only
2,581 Posts
i was hoping that when it says "reported" it was just a believable rumor but this sucks if is 100% true, i hope its not. But all i can do is hope.

·
Premium Member
32,765 Posts
I'm doing my best not to make a "corpse paint being carcinogenic" joke.

That said, that sucks, hope he pulls through. :/

·
Señor Member
12,297 Posts
I'm doing my best not to make a "corpse paint being carcinogenic" joke.
That's alright... I was considering a "tearing up a bible" joke.

But seriously, this is terrible news. I remember a few weeks ago when he mentioned that he was seriously ill and there was a lot of speculation at the time, but here you go.

Luckily we live in the era that we do and leukemia isn't a death sentence. I'm sure it'll be a really hard fight, regardless... my thoughts are with him and his family. :yesway:

·
Poland CEO / RHLC ©
2,393 Posts
Sad news ... I remember reading some Polish catholic groups are praying for Nergal, Nergal doesn't give a fuck.

Hope he gets better :metal:

·
Read Only
2,581 Posts
If people were praying for me id be grateful because that shows they care about his well being even if he has ripped up bibles

·
Puddin
1,793 Posts
This sucks. This is why I'm a proponent of doing things like HLA typing at birth. You could find a donor faster if everyone already knew if they were a match or not.

I hope he gets better soon, too.

·
Premium Member
11,451 Posts
It had to be either this or Multiple Myeloma when they were talking about "blood cancer", and since they were talking about him recovering I figured it was Leukemia. That's the good news part of it for him, so let's hope he beats it.

·
Premium Member
32,765 Posts
That's alright... I was considering a "tearing up a bible" joke.
Hell, if anything bad happens to me, I hope you fuckers can find it within you to make a couple jokes about it, as well as expressing sympathy. :yesway: God knows I'd be lost without a sense of humor.

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
If people were praying for me id be grateful because that shows they care about his well being even if he has ripped up bibles
:agreed:

I may not be religious, but someone praying for me shows that they care about my well being, and for that I would be grateful.

·
Mod Britannia
7,233 Posts
I hope it's not true, but if it is I hope he gets the treatment he needs to make a swift recovery.

·
Registered
6,968 Posts
:agreed:

I may not be religious, but someone praying for me shows that they care about my well being, and for that I would be grateful.
Even if that same act goes against everything you believe in? Kinda like saying to a conservative Christian, "We're aborting babies and having séances in hopes that you get better!"

either way, definitely hope he gets better.

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Even if that same act goes against everything you believe in? Kinda like saying to a conservative Christian, "We're aborting babies and having séances in hopes that you get better!"
Next time a Christian family member falls ill, that's totally what I'm doing. :lol:

·
NICE BLACKMACHINE YO
7,276 Posts
This sucks. This is why I'm a proponent of doing things like HLA typing at birth. You could find a donor faster if everyone already knew if they were a match or not.

I hope he gets better soon, too.
Personally, I'm a proponent of eugenics.

·
18,790 Posts
Yeah, maybe I'm just cynical after growing up in Catholic schools and churches and hanging out with some more conservative Christians in high school, but the whole "you might not believe, but we're praying for you anyways" thing just sounds like egotism and "haha, we were right, and we like attention" to me. It wouldn't be so bad if it was average people, but since these are people in a position of power in the church (which teaches humility), not releasing an official statement would be the honourable thing to do.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts