Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

This ruled. The tacked on ending twist you could see coming a mile away that "X character is more than they appear" and the soundtrack by the Electronic Dance Music guy sucked, but other than that it was pretty cool. If not exactly groundbreaking.

·
Could be Hitler
7,666 Posts
Poor Rusty :lol:

·
Bowes Guitars
1,958 Posts
I threw this on just seeing as popular on Netflix. Goddamn it was amazing!!

It was awesome seeing my apartment building in one of the traveling scenes from Toronto.

I was watching Titans on Netflix and it looks like they filmed most of it down the street from me. My storage unit is the one they use in the show, the bowling alley is actually a sports bar and across the street in the background is a medical building my friend works at.

·
Premium Member
13,448 Posts
Yeah, I really enjoyed this. Generally when there's a HUGE disconnect between the critic ratings and my enjoyment level, it's usually a horror film (since horror films pretty much universally get abysmally low ratings overall as a genre, and I've been a huge fan of horror my entire life). But this might be the biggest disconnect I can think of outside of the horror genre. I think the Metacritic and Rotten Tomatoes scores for this are something like 19%, which is absurdly low. But the movie itself is amazing. Thoroughly enjoyed the entire thing from beginning to end. :yesway:

·
Guiterrorizer
15,696 Posts
We watched this tonight. I didn't really have any expectations going in, and I was mostly just laughing at the outrageousness of various scenes (poor Rusty indeed!).

I can tell I wasn't paying close attention because the ending surprised me :lol:.

Overall I enjoyed it, though I am far from a) target audience and b) a movie enthusiast.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts