Metalguitarist.org banner

101 - 120 of 687 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,446 Posts
Since we all know this thing basically sounds like a pod, can we turn this into a food discussion to compliment the Chapman thread, por favor?
Don't have a slow cooker or pressure cooker, but thinking of making carnitas tomorrow the old-fashioned way.

·
Super Moderator
13,446 Posts
Pressure cookers are amazing. Cooks chicken so fast. They're cheap too, like $70 or $80 at Costco.
Oh, I know. I used to have a pressure cooker when I lived in Northern California. I just don't think I have space in my current apartment for one (well, I have space to store it, but not to leave it in the kitchen all the time), so would find it difficult to justify buying one. But tender chicken and pork is one of the greatest advantages of those things. :yum:

·
This space for rent
1,482 Posts
Wait.... Is the whole world not using instant pot for everything these days? That thing is the axefx of kitchen tools.

·
Is Actually Recording
32,764 Posts
Wait.... Is the whole world not using instant pot for everything these days? That thing is the axefx of kitchen tools.
My girlfriend swears by hers. And it's certainly not BAD... I just prefer to either slow-roast or use a slow cooker. mostly because I like the process.

Saw this recipe recently and I want to give it a try:

https://smittenkitchen.com/2019/07/crispy-oven-pulled-pork/

Smitten Kitchen is a pretty consistently great source of recipes, so I'm sure it's excellent, it's just a matter of finding time. That said, what I really want to try is some sort of chili verde pork - my local mexican spot does a chili verde taco on their taco tuesday menu (and as a burrito filling option) and it's pretty fucking great.

·
This space for rent
1,482 Posts
pfffffft

analog cooking. get in the NOW man!

my digitally modeled pulled pork is literally indistinguishable from the real thing.

·
Super Moderator
13,446 Posts
My girlfriend swears by hers. And it's certainly not BAD... I just prefer to either slow-roast or use a slow cooker. mostly because I like the process.

Saw this recipe recently and I want to give it a try:

https://smittenkitchen.com/2019/07/crispy-oven-pulled-pork/

Smitten Kitchen is a pretty consistently great source of recipes, so I'm sure it's excellent, it's just a matter of finding time. That said, what I really want to try is some sort of chili verde pork - my local mexican spot does a chili verde taco on their taco tuesday menu (and as a burrito filling option) and it's pretty fucking great.
I've been cooking the carnitas for about 2 hours now and it smells amazing. I'm going to keep monitoring it, but I'll probably let it slow cook for about 3-3.5 more hours before serving it. Gotta be as tender as possible.

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #116
He doesn't have Single Coils on his Sig guitar. It's a SD Little 59 on the neck. Maybe he coil split them though...

·
Registered
943 Posts
Sounds good to me :shrug:

except the annoying hum when he's using singlecoils
It has that top end sizzle that you and I like. We always seem to agree on tone preferences. You will have to buy one of these 1st though, as I am in a shit sandwich financially right now. I will prob have to sell some of my gear soon :puke:

·
This space for rent
1,482 Posts
Makes sense for a company that's literally in the business of selling the sizzle...

101 - 120 of 687 Posts