I guess I'm the only one kinda juiced about this. :smoking:That sounds good to me :shrug:
Don't know if you've been around long enough to remember engage, but he's their head of marketing or something I gather. That's a pretty good reason to steer clear.I guess I'm the only one kinda juiced about this. :smoking:
- The processing power is huge (the Axe/FX floor unit can't touch it) for running multiple live signal paths + gapless switching, delay/reveb tails, etc.
- It's damn compact, seriously it can go on a pedal board and not hog like the other full-fledged modelers
- It's got DAW type processing right in there, parametric EQs, multiband compressors, stuff that's tough to get right on a pedalboard
- Touch screen is a pretty dope way of editing
- A couple of built in loops (I'd prefer a few more, but still nice again given it's size, AX8 wins here)
- Kinda a minor thing, but a built in headphone jack is great for practice
- $1600 is some scratch, but really not out of line for what you're getting
- The hardware side is being built by Darkglass, which if you own any of their pedals, are excellently built
No idea. I'm not preordering or anything. Everything new is good to wait and sit on the market for a bit. Neural's plug-ins bring the sauce, however, and Doug's Darkglass products are impeccably made. On paper, anyway, that doesn't sound like a bad match. I just like that it's not a pig like the kneecapped AX8 and Kemper units.Don't know if you've been around long enough to remember engage, but he's their head of marketing or something I gather. That's a pretty good reason to steer clear.
What does that even mean? :lol:I just like that it's not a pig like the kneecapped AX8 and Kemper units.
I've no idea how much more powerful it is than the Fractal or the Kemper, but I own both of those and they are both fucking fantastic. Are you doing a lot of live playing where the zillion different processing and routing options that you can pull off with an Axe-fx aren't enough? If so, I'd love to hear some clips of your band. Because otherwise it sounds like you're just parroting the marketing pitch that they're pitching the djent crowd. :lol:The processing power is huge (the Axe/FX AX8 or Kemper floor unit can't touch it) for running multiple live signal paths + gapless switching, delay/reverb tails, etc.
Yeah, but neither of your shitty units are going to be updated with new models/firmware FOR ETERNITY. (Yes, this is from Nerual's official FAQ https://neuraldsp.com/quad-cortex/#faqs)I've no idea how much more powerful it is than the Fractal or the Kemper, but I own both of those and they are both fucking fantastic.
Damn my jigg is up, I paid to become best YouTube personality for the past 2 years!Also, the "Neural won a Music Radar award for best of NAMM, so you know it's legit, Music Radar is a legit site, right" thing is hilarious. Especially considering that the amount of great opinions from NAMM haven't exactly been free flowing.
I saw a couple people counter that with, "Music radar is owned by the massive Future PLC conglomerate and you can buy advertising in an editorial format. You can essentially pay for them to give you awards and it looks semi legit."
I read that and thought, "No, I'm a Neural doubter, but there is no way something so brazen could be true."
Turns out it is.
They certainly aren't the only company doing it.So be careful with those "Best of NAMM" lists. Because a lot of companies do sell advertising space in a editorial/faux journalistic format.