Metalguitarist.org banner

141 - 160 of 687 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,286 Posts
I missed this first but you can plug 4 (!!) instruments into this thing.

THAT is amazing.

3 would have been enough to run a full 2 guitars + 1 bass band through it!

I love this feature and even tho Axe FX III can do it as well, it's way out of my leauge moneywise.

This is something the next KEMPER 2.0 must be thinking about!!!

·
Registered
0 Posts

THAT is amazing.

I love this feature and even tho Axe FX III can do it as well, it's way out of my leauge moneywise.

Isn't this thing only a few hundred less than the Fractal? Axe-3 is $1999 now.

·
Is Actually Recording
32,764 Posts
Neural's plug-ins bring the sauce, however...
I have no idea what that means, either, save that engage's job as #1 hype man seems to be working. :lol:

·
Premium Member
7,286 Posts
Isn't this thing only a few hundred less than the Fractal? Axe-3 is $1999 now.
Doesn't matter, the important thing is that a whole band could be running through one unit.
That is a fantastic feature.

Instead of bringing 3 units of whatever... just one... So convinient.

I made this suggestion in Kemper user group on Facebook, and oh boy did it fire up some insane butthurt Kemper Fanboys :lol:

I like the Kemper, and I know you do too Chris, but seriously... I never realized how fucking stubborn and "proud" people are over the original Kemper.

Why would it be a bad thing if Kemper 2.0 featured multisignal paths for a whole band to play through it?
They don't need to use it.

And some people are just fucking stupid. They dont even understand what I'm saying; they are going like:
"it would sound shit if bass player had the same profile as guitarist derrppp"
"you are the type of person who thinks you can connect several guitars to one input? loool"

1. It's DIFFERENT amp profiles and FX for everone
2. It's multiple inputs for different insturments

·
Tune It Lower
1,114 Posts
I have no idea what that means, either, save that engage's job as #1 hype man seems to be working. :lol:
I was referring to the EXISTING plug-ins that have been out for some time now. They're fucking fantastic (if a bit pricey).

The crux is will those be 100% the same algorithms in the hardware?

Doesn't matter, the important thing is that a whole band could be running through one unit.
That is a fantastic feature.

Instead of bringing 3 units of whatever... just one... So convinient.
Which is fucking awesome. :agreed: I've seen some bands doing exactly this. If your guitar and/or bass players aren't running multiple parallel paths, one-and-done (though you really should have a backup if you're a pro). Run all your patch changes off one laptop.

Problem is, for pedalboard guys like me, rack stuff is a pain in the ass to integrate with lots of pedals that you actually need to step on, especially if you're not going to a backline to begin with. At one point in time, when I had a rack mount, I had this convoluted AF seven-cable method, with loops-inside-loops going back in forth in order to be able to have shit in all the right places in the effects chain. There was probably more cable there than the Quad Cortex weighs, LOL!

·
Retarded P.A Overlord.
14,247 Posts

THAT is amazing.

I mean, you can do this with the Helix already too :shrug:
Just seems like a single point of failure waiting to happen to me.

·
Tune It Lower
1,114 Posts
What does that even mean? :lol:
This:

The Fractal and Kemper floorboards have yuge fuckin' footprints. :noplease:

I've no idea how much more powerful it is than the Fractal or the Kemper, but I own both of those and they are both fucking fantastic.
Enough that you can run two full parallel signal paths, i.e. blend two amps at once? The Fractal rack can do it, granted (also, does Fractal even have Fortin amps?!). The floorboard = no bueno. :noway: One at a time. The Kemper, if you have the O.G. amps you could make a single capture of both of them (but not be able to tweak the blend afterwards), but the effects options in the Kemper are weak AF.

Are you doing a lot of live playing where the zillion different processing and routing options that you can pull off with an Axe-fx aren't enough?
Yes.

Full multi-amp setups with everything running with true stereo outs with a multitude of effect buses.

I mean, you can do this with the Helix already too :shrug:
Just seems like a single point of failure waiting to happen to me.
Absolutely. You're also forcing everyone in the band into the same gear and workflow. From a utilitarian standpoint, it sounds great, but to me bands area a collective of creatives, and individual members are probably best left to do their own thing. Less important live if you've scripted your whole set, but in the jam room, I want to work with people tailoring their own angle on things.

·
Guiterrorizer
15,694 Posts
You guys dont think... the band members would dial in their own tones on a III or Helix or whatever?

:rofl:

·
Registered
0 Posts
You guys dont think... the band members would dial in their own tones on a III or Helix or whatever?

:rofl:
Are you kidding me? How else would the audience know what firmware they were running, or which flavor of the month preset pack was gracing their ears from the stage?! The biggest limitation of the 5150 is the fact that it doesn't even have an LCD screen that I can program to list out my signal chain for all to admire from afar.

·
Premium Member
3,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #153
I like the Kemper, and I know you do too Chris, but seriously... I never realized how fucking stubborn and "proud" people are over the original Kemper.
Come on Ced... its Guitar players you are talking about...

Guitars are still Wood because that's how they were made originally. Angled out of the Nut string into Tuners? Sure it's Shitty but hey... that's how they did it almost 60 years ago and it "worked"... 6 point screw Bridge that goes out of tune just by looking at it? Same... Let's not even start the Amp and Valves/Tubes talk. Almost 120 year outdated tech but that's how they sound better :D

Guitar Players are some of the most OBTUSE people around regarding Innovation, but then almost all of them use the latest smartphones ;)

·
Señor Member
12,297 Posts
More quality modelers = Good
Faux tech speak for the same features on every other modeler = Not good

·
Is Actually Recording
32,764 Posts
Guitar Players are some of the most OBTUSE people around regarding Innovation, but then almost all of them use the latest smartphones ;)
Just because I use an iPhone X doesn't mean I can't also use the best in microphone preamp transformer technology that 1968 had to offer!

·
Is Actually Recording
32,764 Posts
I can vouch for Drew. You should see the shitbox car he still drives!
It's actually closer to made in 2020 than made in 1968, but I had to stop and think for a moment to be sure! :lol:

·
Premium Member
7,286 Posts
Yeah in that group I was being a total smartass like "so why dont you ride a horse instead of car!" or "why dont you communicate with your friends via landmail letters instead of iphone?"

I was like

141 - 160 of 687 Posts