Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Her voice just flat out smokes.

Maybe it's her original music that's not so hot, dunno.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Her voice is great, but honestly there are so many of these "singer/songwriter" (I use the term loosely) female vocalists churned out by the Pop Machine lately, they all just blend together.

·
In brightest day...
422 Posts
Wirelessly posted

Sara is fantastic. She has been around for quite some time, too. Even did a guest judge spot on the last season of the show, The Sing-Off.

Adele just has a different kind of voice. One that doesn't seem like it should come from her. That is one of the many things that bring attention to her. But, I'm no expert on her or anything. I've only heard a few of her songs, and I enjoy them.

·
Head of Agile Gestapo
5,675 Posts
I prefer Adele but that's just me. :2c:

·
Retarded P.A Overlord.
14,248 Posts
When Adele was younger she wore a Helly Hansen jacket when she went out. Then a helicopter landed on her.

·
Banned
13,827 Posts
IMO, Adele is popular because she's a breeze of fresh air in a pop world dominated by auto-tune, vocoders, really simple beats à la Gaga, Spears, Ke$sha, Rihanah, K. Perry and all. She's also very "authentic" or modest, if you will. Anyone seen her at the MTV MVA this year? Her, a piano and a single spotlight on her... She did a great performance. While almost all other female acts included big choreography, visual pyrotechny, tons of makeup and costumes and dubbed vocals.

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I listened to a few live performances from Adele, and some of her album tracks, and she doesn't do anything for me. She's talented, for sure. But a bit overrated, IMO.

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
IMO, Adele is popular because she's a breeze of fresh air in a pop world dominated by auto-tune, vocoders, really simple beats à la Gaga, Spears, Ke$sha, Rihanah, K. Perry and all. She's also very "true" or modest, if you will. Anyone seen her at the MTV MVA this year? Her, a piano and a single spotlight on her... She did a great performance. While almost all other female acts included big choreography, visual pyrotechny, tons of makeup and costumes and dubbed vocals.
This. The world of popular music has become so bland and fake that anyone who is actually singing over actual instruments is going to get hailed as the next coming of Christ.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
I'm not that impressed by Sara either; I've heard better singers at karaoke bars.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts