Metal Guitarist Forums banner

Nevermore is nevermore :/

Tags
nevermore
15K views 160 replies 50 participants last post by  Drew 
#1 ·
Jeff Loomis and Van Williams of Nevermore Announce Their Departure

Jeff Loomis and Van Williams of Nevermore Announce Their Departure « Ms. A's Blog

Jeff Loomis and Van Williams of Nevermore Announce Their Departure

Nevermore guitar player Jeff Loomis and drummer Van Williams have announced their departure from the group. The two have released a joint statement:

"In a mutual decision Jeff Loomis and Van Williams have decided to leave Nevermore. The time has come to pursue our own paths from the group. Due to internal struggles and ongoing issues within the band, we feel it is our time to move on. We would like to thank all of our fans around the world for their years of love, support and enthusiasm. This was not an easy decision but a very necessary one at this point, may we all meet again someday, somewhere in time."

Loomis and Williams had been with Nevermore since the band's first album, 1995's self titled, Nevermore.

NEVERMORE recently announced that they would be cancelling their planned tour with Symphony X. No information regarding additional confirmed tour dates is known at this time.

Stay tuned for more information regarding NEVERMORE.

#6 ·
Fuck.:( FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK!!!!!!!!!

#63 ·
:( :agreed:

This is totally shitty. Nevermore is my favorite American Band. Period. And I'm so upset at this news. Just saw them back in like November? And was supposed to see them next week :(

First time I saw them, I had no idea who they were. I saw them with Shadows Fall and In Flames. One of my early heavy metal shows. It was during the DHIADW tour, and I heard "The River Dragon Has Come" and was just totally in awe. I immediately bought the album...

... still wish I woulda bought a tour shirt :(

#17 ·
:woot:

We'll probably get two kick ass bands out of this, rather than one that was becoming stale. It will be interesting to hear what Jeff and Van do, and Warrel and Jim reviving Sanctuary is :metal:
:agreed:

#19 ·
Oh man. This makes me really sad. :(

EDIT: I have heard from pretty reliable sources that Jeff can be an egomaniac. Allegedly, tape the outline of a box on the stage for Chris Broderick, and he wasn't allowed to leave the box. If you look at the Year of the Voyager DVD, Chris is in the same spot the whole show...

#24 ·
Chris B. is from my hometown, so I heard it from people close to him. However, more of the story is that Chris and Jeff just butted heads a lot, so it could be as simple as they didn't get along. They are both phenomenal guitarist that are probably very intense. I know Broderick can be competitive, and Jeff may be too.

That is what makes them great. I don't think that they are dicks are egomaniacs, but I am sure they have done things briefly that have reflected that they are briefly. We all do that.

#25 ·
I love Loomis' playing, so hopefully he'll end up in a new band that churns out some awesome for us all to enjoy. :yesway:

I can't say I've ever made it through more than one or two Nevermore songs at once before Warrel's voice made me flip on something else.

#26 ·
I freaking LOVE Jeff's playing. He is in my top 5 favorite guitarists for sure. Zero Order phase is my favorite solo guitar album. I have no doubts that he will continue to impress us guitarists. I just hope his new venture impresses non-guitarists alike.

Very interested to see what happens, even though I am sad that Nevermore is done.

#32 ·
Really? Something broke in me when they started churning out shitty albums, like Enemies of Reality and Obsidian Conspiracy.

#35 ·
Wirelessly posted (Stupid Motorola Backflip: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1-update1; en-us; MB300 Build/Blur_Version.3.0.1390.MB300.ATT.en.US Flex/P007) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17)

You know what really sucks? I just recently started getting more into Nevermore. I'm always late to the party.

#39 ·
A guy on SS.org might know where Jeff is headed. A few days ago he posted saying Jeff was leaving Nevermore and he knew what band he was going to/starting. A few people started calling him a bullshitter, but what do you know? Jeff has left Nevermore. This guy seems to know as much as he's claiming.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.