Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
18,790 Posts
Wow, that fixes every single problem we have with our guitarist's Dual Rect. (other than the fact that he's not 100% happy with the tone and wants a new amp anyways :lol: ). But just in playing with his rig, a series effects loop would let him use the other channel of his Decimator there, and the tuner out w/ mute would go to his Korg rack tuner so that he can quickly and easily mute and tune.

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiinteresting. The Channel-assignable wattage making it to the Dual and Triple is fucking awesome, though I'm on the fence about "improved channel cloning" as I kind of like how Channel 3 on the Roadster is way smoother than 4...

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
And no MIDI functionality :lol:

You would think with everyone going to MIDI rigs these days, they'd slap that in there.

·
The Singlecut King of Northern VA
2,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would rather not have MIDI built into an amp, just causes to many problems and it is just as easy to buy a seperate switcher.

You ask alot of Diezel users and Hughes and Kettner users about the MIDI on there amps you will see probaly the number one warrenty issue on these amps is the MIDI.

You would think with everyone going to MIDI rigs these days, they'd slap that in there.

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
I wonder if they're doing this to the ROV too. That's one glaring issue with the ROV too; the parallel loop.

·
Guiterrorizer
15,696 Posts
I heard about the new recto action through one of the whitechapel guitarists on ss.org - I wonder if these will sound better then my roadster?

·
Premium Member
11,451 Posts
Hmm. Sounds like they changed the presence control on channel two, which will actually be a detriment to me. Otherwise, well, I might have to pony up for one, since having the channel assignable power and rectifiers might well make it worth it. Sounds like they're actually Roadsters without the 2nd channel now.

·
2,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
They just put the new pictures up of the new Rec's on that page I linked in first post.

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Hmm. Sounds like they changed the presence control on channel two, which will actually be a detriment to me. Otherwise, well, I might have to pony up for one, since having the channel assignable power and rectifiers might well make it worth it. Sounds like they're actually Roadsters without the 2nd channel now.
That was my thought, too: they extended the Roadster/Road King features to the rest of the line. I always thought the presence controls on ch3 and ch4 were less agressive than on a Dual or Triple, so maybe this means they're smoothing the amps out a touch. Since no one really cranks the presence knob, though, the usable range should still be there. I'll be interested to play these amps. The only thing I would be wary of is selling the one to buy the other. Your Triple is the best sounding 3ch Recto I've ever played.

Now, if I could just get a three channel Stiletto... :lol:

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
I would rather not have MIDI built into an amp, just causes to many problems and it is just as easy to buy a seperate switcher.

You ask alot of Diezel users and Hughes and Kettner users about the MIDI on there amps you will see probaly the number one warrenty issue on these amps is the MIDI.
Not to mention that shoving a bunch of non-audio related stuff into an amp can still negatively effect the sound. The proximity of certain components to others does funny thing, and how you lay out the circuit effects the sound. I'm with you, leave the MIDI out. The 1/4" switching jacks do everything I need.

·
Super Moderator
7,708 Posts
Now I have to buy a triple rec, don't I? :lol:

Those look awesome! Only things I'd change are 1) make it MIDI switchable (thats right! I hate tap dancing on stage give me my sound in one button press!) and 2) make it stereo or capable of stereo. I haven't had a head in years mainly b/c I love stereo effects.

·
Registered
6,968 Posts

Who's everyone? I've heard you and two other people talk about it, like ever. :lol: I'm glad they dont throw all that crap in there :lol: Midi is to amps as tone knob is to guitar.

These look badass, but im still gonna be waiting on getting myself a stiletto :lol:

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
Who's everyone? I've heard you and two other people talk about it, like ever. :lol: I'm glad they dont throw all that crap in there :lol: Midi is to amps as tone knob is to guitar.

These look badass, but im still gonna be waiting on getting myself a stiletto :lol:
:shrug: I see lots of people talking about MIDI rigs besides me :lol:

I've never seen too many threads or read too much about warranty issues with the MIDI on amps though :scratch: I suppose if you're dropping the scratch on a high end rig to begin with, another $200-300 hundred bucks for a switcher isn't too bad, but I just like having it built in. Less wires, power adapters, etc.

·
Read Only
3 Posts
BUMP!

Hey you guys in New England.... Matt's Music center has one of the new Multi-Watt Dual Rectos IN STOCK! Go check it out and report back please! :wub:

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
:lol: Man, I have absolutely zero time on my hands... I'd love to.

·
2,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
a guy on the boogie board played on, he said they are tighter then the other 3 channel models. It is rumored they are voiced after the 2 channel version

1 - 20 of 22 Posts