Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
18,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First song from the new A7X album (with Mike Portnoy on drums) has been released. I'm fully aware this will quickly turn into an "A7X Sucks!" thread, but figured some people would be interested in hearing it anyways :lol:

I kind of like it. It's not the best I've heard from them, or from Portnoy, but it's not bad. You can definitely tell it's Portnoy on there.

·
THUNDERBEEEEAR!
3,920 Posts
yup, heard this yesterday. the most disappointing thing was the singer that sounds like hetfield in his puberty

·
THUNDERBEEEEAR!
3,920 Posts
I didn't think the rest was all bad though, I wouldn't cringe into a fetal position if I heard it on the radio...

·
Chromaphonic Invader
1,298 Posts
That was really boring. The guy that died was way more interesting of a drummer than Portnoy to me. It just feels flat until the guitar solo comes in. I think this is the most boring contrived song they've put out, but considering they lost a friend and probably the best part of the band I can't be too hard on them.

·
Read Only
1,374 Posts
I'm a pretty selective listener when it comes to A7X, but I do like this song. I think it's more akin to the City of Evil album than the self-titled (which I absolutely hated)

I'm looking forward to the rest of the album.

·
Motherfucker.
3,459 Posts
I like the music, but the vocals grated on me a little.

·
Señor Member
12,297 Posts
The intro was really sick. The rest of the song sounded like your typical A7x song which is... meh.

·
Dook dook dook
2,434 Posts
The intro was really sick. The rest of the song sounded like your typical A7x song which is... meh.
Yeah, pretty much. It sounds like an alternate version of "Critical Acclaim". Meh. I don't hate it, but it doesn't grab me at all. I knew having Portnoy in there wasn't going to really change their sound at all, but I was curious to hear it. I still think it's super cool of Portnoy to have done the record for them, as he was the Rev's favorite drummer :yesway:

·
Premium Member
32,765 Posts
Fuck A7X. :yesway:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts