Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have you guys had a chance to listen to the new track yet? If not it can be found here:

MetalSucks Blog Archive EXCLUSIVE: AFTER THE BURIAL, "BREAD CRUMBS AND WHITE STONES"

I really digg it, the lead playing reminds me of Kai Hansen's melodies in Gamma Ray; it has that "happy power metal" sound to it.

The production, vocals and atmosphere of this CD sound VERY similar to Hypocrisy's Into the Abyss / ST albums (minus the Meshuggah inspired riffing); i swear it sounds like Peter Tägtgren is doing vocals in some parts!

I simply cannot wait to have this CD in my hands; hope you guys enjoy this track as much as I did \m/

·
18,790 Posts
After The Burial are a solid band, and I love some of their songs, but I can't help but think that I'd love them a lot more with some melodic vocals thrown in, even if not exclusively. I just find that, while I love a few of the songs, I don't listen to their albums front to back very often, as I get bored, or it just fades in the background while I'm doing whatever.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.