Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
I MG.org salute you.
2,501 Posts
Sweet. So far AB is shaping up to be one of my favourite bands that have come out in recent times. The last couple of albums seem to harken back to my youth but still have modern production values. It's great. :cool:

Will definitely be picking this up soon.

·
NSLALP
13,286 Posts
Yessir, this kicks fuckin' ass.

I love Tremonti's playing. I wish I could get away with using as much gain as he does. :lol:
:bump: Because fuck yeah. :hbang:

Chris, looking at his signature pickups, it would appear Tremonti is using relatively low output PAFs. Like a Bareknuckle Mule. Ergo he can pump the gain up a bit and retain the clarity.

·
Premium Member
2,996 Posts
7th? :scratch:

Alter Bridge - AB III - CDs at Play.com (UK)

We've had it for like 2 weeks I think :lol:
Amaozon informs me that I purchased this item on october the 18th, 2010.

Time travelling CD :eek:

Unless I'm really confused, and its not ABIII, the one where Isolation is track 2. Cos thats the one I've had for ages.

Its good, but I think its their weakest overall. I call a draw between the previous two.

Edit: And I really like tremontis playing. Hes doing a great job of living the Creed thing down. Scott stapp remains a talentless irritating cunt, however.

·
Arrr, Matey!
1,798 Posts
It does kick all sorts of ass, but I'm gravitating towards prefering Myles lead playing over Tremonti's. He really needs to stop with the wah. Myles has much better phrasing and technique, where Tremonti just burns through notes with his wah pedal on, and it really shows when you see them live.

IIRC, his pickups are very high gain and modeled after a 500T. I have one in one of my PRS Singlecuts.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.