Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
APOCALYPTICA 'End Of Me' VIDEO PREMIERE | The Official Apocalyptica Site

I used to absolutely LOVE these guys. "Inquisition Symphony" and "Cult" are two albums that I played constantly in high school, and "Reflections" and "ApocalypticA" were fantastic too.

Their last album (Worlds Collide) was sounding a bit too "metal-pop generic" for me, and the music seemed to have lost a lot of its edge and complexity. If this video is any indication, they have gone even further in that direction. :(

I could be wrong though... their past singles have occasionally been rather removed from the rest of the album, and they've certainly begun to become rather successful in their new direction.

But since when did Johnny Depp play cello in Apocalyptica? Seriously. :roll2:

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
APOCALYPTICA 'End Of Me' VIDEO PREMIERE | The Official Apocalyptica Site

I used to absolutely LOVE these guys. "Inquisition Symphony" and "Cult" are two albums that I played constantly in high school, and "Reflections" and "ApocalypticA" were fantastic too.

Their last album (Worlds Collide) was sounding a bit too "metal-pop generic" for me, and the music seemed to have lost a lot of its edge and complexity. If this video is any indication, they have gone even further in that direction. :(

I could be wrong though... their past singles have occasionally been rather removed from the rest of the album, and they've certainly begun to become rather successful in their new direction.

But since when did Johnny Depp play cello in Apocalyptica? Seriously. :roll2:
Sounds like something I could do with SampleTank. And that's not really a compliment. :D

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sounds like something I could do with SampleTank. And that's not really a compliment. :D
I know, right? What happened to all the counterpoint and harmony stuff (as well as the more complex arrangements) that came before? :rant:

I guess they figured out that having guest artists sing with them and sounding like a generic metal band sells better :(

Although this is still badass:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts