Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apple - MacBook - Tech Specs

Seriously, WTF? One fucking USB port, and it's one that works with literally NOTHING I have, because it's a new form factor.

Fuck this. Seriously. The tagline should be:

"MacBook. Because you're too big of a pussy to carry a 'heavy' MacBook Air".

·
Argh
2,658 Posts

Seriously, WTF? One fucking USB port, and it's one that works with literally NOTHING I have, because it's a new form factor.

I wouldn't buy one anyway, those new Core M processors suck.

The only MacBook I'd ever buy is the Pro.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
One USB port is indeed pretty damn stupid. I'm sure Apple will be happy to sell you C-type to USB3 connectors all day long in the store though!

Edit: Oh look, they already have a $79 adapter! :lol:

http://store.apple.com/us/product/MJ1K2AM/A/usb-c-digital-av-multiport-adapter

I have two of the current gen Airs which have two USB ports, and even then it's a pain in the ass. I'd gladly swap the SD slot for a third USB port. Airs are awesome as hell and glorious for traveling, but this thing misses the mark on a lot of levels.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts

Just call me Mr. Pussy :agreed:

I currently carry a giant Work provided Dell through airport after airport and it feels like I'm carrying an anchor in my backpack.

Have to think on the single USB. Wirless keyboard, mouse, printer. Probably the only thing I plug into my current MBP with any regularity is my Axe-Fx.

While the gold isn't for me I would rock the space grey.

I'm not ready for a new laptop yet but when I am I will look hard at these and the 13" airs.

·
Nerdington Willoughby
1,537 Posts
It's not just that it's one non-standard USB port. It's one non-standard port in total, for everything, including USB and charging! That's ridiculous. So unless you buy a hub or an adapter, it's either-or when it comes to charging and wired peripherals.

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It's not just that it's one non-standard USB port. It's one non-standard port in total, for everything, including USB and charging! That's ridiculous. So unless you buy a hub or an adapter, it's either-or when it comes to charging and wired peripherals.
Fuzzy math, by Apple:

Yo dawg, check out my new 2 pound laptop+2 pounds of connectors. It's lighter than my 3 pound MacBook Air!

·
Read Only
7,880 Posts
Luckily Apple will be happy to charge you $79.99 for a multi USB port so that you can charge your laptop and use a mouse at the same time!

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
BTW, I'm only being negative about this, so that the next time something awesome comes out from Apple, I can appear "objective". :rofl:

j/k this thing sucks.

1 - 20 of 97 Posts