·
המרחב וה
2,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

:hungus:

·
I have angered the Noodles
2,662 Posts
yeah i agree. i think i need to give this one more of a listen. ive only given it a good 2-3. i'm sure it will grow on me. i do like how they are able to pull off different sounds through each one though.

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
Great band. Saw them play once in a karate studio (seriously a real karate studio, the were playing in front of blue fall mats and everything!) Super nice dudes too, gotta check out the new album. Loved the first two albums after they changed to the current band name.

·
18,790 Posts
Wirelessly posted :)sponge:: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

My old band played a mini-festival here in town (like 12 bands on 2 stages in a hall, ranging from local bands to signed acts like them and Threat Signal, and also Baptized in Blood who were, at the time, the former, and now the latter). Cool guys and solid live band.

·
המרחב וה
2,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Great band. Saw them play once in a karate studio (seriously a real karate studio, the were playing in front of blue fall mats and everything!) Super nice dudes too, gotta check out the new album. Loved the first two albums after they changed to the current band name.
Have you not heard Dichotomy, the third album?

It's awesome, Devin Townsend produced it and sang on one of the tracks (Mountain of Souls).

As far as the new album, I gave it a few listens though the songs and I actually like it a lot.

Especially this song.

This music video was a lot better than the other vid I have to agree.

Epic beards make it better. :yesway:

·
MG.ORG Irregular
9,747 Posts
Yeah the dudes are definitely awesome, I am pissed because I missed them here on saturday :grr: seen them like 5 or 6 times now :lol:

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
Have you not heard Dichotomy, the third album?

It's awesome, Devin Townsend produced it and sang on one of the tracks (Mountain of Souls).
No I have! I meant to say those 2 albums quickly became favorite albums of mine soon as I heard them, my bad. The third album is awesome as well, def has the Devy wall of sound production :yesway: I just slightly prefer the rawness of the first two haha.

·
המרחב וה
2,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
@ Kagami

Yeah I actually saw these guys last night, hopefully I can upload some pics later.

It was so funny, for warming up they played Icarus Lives by Periphery.
:lol:

Then I yelled out right after "Meshuggah!"

@ Beneharris Defnitely they have some GREAT tunes!

@ Wookieslayer ahh gotcha dude. Indeed, Devin is a awesome producer.

·
המרחב וה
2,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
haha, they played periphery? are they using 7 strings now?
Not at the moment. Although they used them on the Dichotomy record.

But anyway, they Daniel, Bassist, and Drummer just played the main riff in Drop C.

They were just warming up for soundcheck.

·
I have angered the Noodles
2,662 Posts
ah. which songs on dichotomy were 7's? i just assumed it was all in drop c. Were the 7's downtuned, or standard?

·
המרחב וה
2,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
ah. which songs on dichotomy were 7's? i just assumed it was all in drop c. Were the 7's downtuned, or standard?
Not all of them.

6 string: C G C F A D
How Great Thou Art, Artificial Immortality, End of the Age, Deep Heaven,

7 string: Bb F Bb Eb Ab C F
Dichotomy, Necrotizing Fascities (single), Ransom, Evil Unseen, Self Existant, Mountain of Souls

I could be wrong on some of these.

Tuning is correct though.

7's were tuned up and droped down with a Bb.

·
המרחב וה
2,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
1 - 18 of 18 Posts