Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Not baked anymore.
3,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw this pop up on TGP. Don't know where these guys are getting their info, but supposedly James Brown is working on it. I see an EVH logo in the bottom right-hand corner and there's a few more knobs on that than the original.

Attachments

·
ya boi
ESP, Kemper, Marshall
946 Posts
looks a lot like a 5150 block letter to me. not really sure how they'd get away with that which suggests to me that it isn't, but i bet it'll be cool regardless.

·
המרחב וה
2,061 Posts
Well they brought back James (Creator of the 5150) for a reason. Could have been one of the last things Eddie was working on for the future VH tour that was going to happen at the time.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Rumor mill has it that this might be the "5150 Legacy" or w/e. Its pure speculation at this point. Ill say this though....they might try to mimic the OG 5150 but they cannot out right copy it as peavey owns the circuit to the original amp.

·
Banned
1,542 Posts
You crafty cunt you.

Reactions: 79

·
MG.ORG Irregular
9,747 Posts
Rumor mill has it that this might be the "5150 Legacy" or w/e. Its pure speculation at this point. Ill say this though....they might try to mimic the OG 5150 but they cannot out right copy it as peavey owns the circuit to the original amp.
Well the circuit board layout, not the actual circuit itself since those are not copyrightable.

·
Banned
1,542 Posts
This is just great in such a shitty way 😂🤣😅

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm a little uneducated on this subject, but is there anywhere I can find a new Peavey 5150? Or did they stop manufacturing them and switch to the 6505 when they separated from Eddy Van Halen? I prefer to get new equipment, and I hear that people like the 5150 over the 6505 so just wondering if that's out there. Looking for a good metalcore tone. wholesale folding chairs

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm a little uneducated on this subject, but is there anywhere I can find a new Peavey 5150? Or did they stop manufacturing them and switch to the 6505 when they separated from Eddy Van Halen? I prefer to get new equipment, and I hear that people like the 5150 over the 6505 so just wondering if that's out there. Looking for a good metalcore tone.
Not likely. They've been making it as the 6505 for ages. You can get a 5150III from EVH Gear themselves, of course.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts