Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there are a couple other fans here. Joey, Trevor, Mr. S off the top of my head.

Is it any good? I keep trying to listen to it on Spotify but the rawer production has me just skipping it and going to 777 - Cosmography or 777 - The Desanctification instead.

For those of you who aren't familiar with what Blut Aus Nord sounds like, they are some of the background noise for general relaxing about the house/feeling evil out there.

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Both the 777 albums are really cool, this is the kind of shit Space Necromancers would listen to during their after lunch naps to blow off steam.

·
is on drug whatever
6,523 Posts
It was alright, I wasn't blown away to be honest. I vastly prefer the 777 stuff, it had a few interesting moments but I found it a bit bland and it came across as 'black metal by numbers'. I was surprised how many 'best album of the year' lists it made actually, but that's hardly been a stellar year. :shrug:

·
Premium Member
4,657 Posts
I like it. It has some weak spots, and some spots where "atmosphere" starts sounding suspiciously like "boring" or "compositionally lazy" (and I say that as someone who digs atmosphere generally), but as an overall album, I really like it.

Have you listened to Dornenreich's "Freiheit" yet? Your posts make it sound like you're in an atmospheric black metal mood, and it's a fantastic album.

·
Read Only
7,880 Posts
It was alright, I wasn't blown away to be honest. I vastly prefer the 777 stuff, it had a few interesting moments but I found it a bit bland and it came across as 'black metal by numbers'. I was surprised how many 'best album of the year' lists it made actually, but that's hardly been a stellar year. :shrug:
This was mostly my feeling too. It's enjoyable enough to have on while I'm doing work or whatever but it didn't really hold my attention.

·
Black Aquaman
795 Posts
I thought it was damn good. I mean 777 would be hard to follow-up. I found III to be, dare I say, 'brighter' sounding in retrospect to 777. It's been getting steady play regardless. I have no complaints.

·
Premium Member
5,213 Posts
I know there are a couple other fans here. Joey, Trevor, Mr. S off the top of my head.

Is it any good? I keep trying to listen to it on Spotify but the rawer production has me just skipping it and going to 777 - Cosmography or 777 - The Desanctification instead.

For those of you who aren't familiar with what Blut Aus Nord sounds like, they are some of the background noise for general relaxing about the house/feeling evil out there.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=l45l8ZjHUhk
Its decent, but to be thoroughly non KVLT, my opinion is very similar to yours. Id rather listen to either of those than the new one.

I dig this.
then you need this in your life

·
Premium Member
893 Posts
Damn, I forgot about those dudes. 2007 was probably the last time I checked them out. Looks like I have a few albums to catch up on...

·
Premium Member
3,930 Posts
Blut Aus Nord is one of my favorite bands and I absolutely love the new album. Obviously, it is a product of its pedigree (the other 2 MV albums), so it is going to be more traditional in it's approach than MoRT or TMBOR (my personal favorites). Listen to it when you are relaxing and it will be a much more enjoyable experience.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts