Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Hater. :lol: That thing is awesome, but will be priced so that none of us have to worry about buying it anyway. I don't like the wheels at all though.

My next car will be a one-off lease X6. :yesway:

·
I don't like it.
11,071 Posts
Hater. :lol: That thing is awesome, but will be priced so that none of us have to worry about buying it anyway. I don't like the wheels at all though.

My next car will be a one-off lease X6. :yesway:
It'll probably weigh 4000lbs and handle like crap, like the current 6(well the current 6 weighs 3700lbs but they get fatter every generation). It's seriously completely ugly to boot.

·
Premium Member
32,450 Posts
I guess BMW didn't want to be outdone by Audi for introducing some completely oddball design. "I'll see your large mouth bass and raise you a mustached monster smiley face!"

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
I guess BMW didn't want to be outdone by Audi for introducing some completely oddball design. "I'll see your large mouth bass and raise you a mustached monster smiley face!"
Except the R8 is genuinely attractive (despite being a largemouth bass) and this, well, isn't.

·
Premium Member
32,765 Posts
Yeah, I prefer the current generation, myself. Then again, I own a Camry which makes me suspect. :D

·
Mr. Negative Pants, ,
14,796 Posts
Chris Bangle's design language gets torn apart pretty savagely in some circles, but i have to say, i think his 3-series and 5-series were fresh and distinctive and a new direction BMW desperately needed after doing evolutionary changes to their "same sausage in 3 lengths" design philosophy for years.

I don't like anything BMW had put out since his departure. I wasn't a big fan of Bangle's 6-series or 7-series, but this one is, in my opinion, not a big improvement. And the new 5-series is decidedly a step backward.

·
Mod Britannia
7,233 Posts
I prefer the old 6 series (and I prefer the really old E24 version like Elysian has even more), but I don't mind the new car.

Chris, you are insane. The X6 is an abortion of a car for people who have to have something "diffent". Different in that case meaning all the impracticallities of an off roader without the practicallities.

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
I like those shots of the 6 coupe - it has some Aston Martin/Jaguar lines to it.

I saw a Porsche Panamera for the first time yesterday, and :noway:. It's kind of like a Porsche version of an Accord Crosstour, except uglier.

That looks like a sexier version of what I drive ('06 Malibu Maxx).

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
I don't find it heinously ugly... just a bit big and bulbous. And expensive.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.