Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
crying in your beer
3,782 Posts
I've seen the news-release for these a few month ago, there will also be a MarkIV clone (called "Magician", 1x12 combo).

They will hit the market in October, list prices in Europe are EUR 800,- for the Trirec (which is, despite its name, a Dual Recti clone, not a Triple-clone - they want to refer to the 3 Channesl with "tri") and EUR 700,- for the Magician.

·
Premium Member
32,765 Posts
The output stage contains 4 x 6L6 valves (convertible to 4 x EL34 valves-not included). The Varipower dial allows you to determine the power amp section's output power continuously from 100 W to 1 W.
Interesting, though. If it's well built that might not be a half bad head.

·
Premium Member
32,450 Posts
$1179.99 for the US aparently and £828 for the UK. Interesting...
I cannot speak to the UK market, but $1000-1100 is the current market value for a used 3ch Dual or Triple. Why am I gonna buy this cheap Chinese junk, when I can get a USA-made amplifier that smokes it?

·
Premium Member
32,450 Posts
That's what I thought, Stitch. They're hard enough to come by over there that they don't really loose value. Over here, they flood the used market.

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
That's what I thought, Stitch. They're hard enough to come by over there that they don't really loose value. Over here, they flood the used market.
Man, I want some amps with loose values and morals for that really dirty, nasty sound.

·
Mod Britannia
7,233 Posts
I cannot speak to the UK market, but $1000-1100 is the current market value for a used 3ch Dual or Triple. Why am I gonna buy this cheap Chinese junk, when I can get a USA-made amplifier that smokes it?
Stitch has already mentioned you'd have to pay a lot more than that for a used Dual (I've seen them used around the £1200 - £1400 mark), but you can get a 5150-ii / 6505+ for £600-£700 used, which would be good competition for it. However, if you HAVE to have a Recto sound (assuming this does actually sound like one), it's about the cheapest option going. Who knows, maybe they've upped the quality too if the price has shot up that much? Time will tell...

·
Tr00 Kvlt
5,914 Posts
Kinda ugly looking, and looks like their MSRP is pretty close to the real price. If it sounds good sweet. I scored a Single Rect for $850 and am very happy with it though. I am way more interested in their 1990 model, but honestly I would rather get a Peavey Windsor for $200 if I want a cheap JCM clone (actually Tax Time = I WILL have a Windsor as a "backup" amp). The only model that Really interests me is the 6260, but again I could just get a used 5150 for $600.

·
Premium Member
7,708 Posts
If something is so clearly a copycat and it's selling for half the price of the real deal, I'd also question the quality too.

Mesas are rock-solid. You can't beat their durability and their tone, so to hear a cut-rate company is making copies of them, well that's a bit sketchy IMO.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts