Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Bro of Bros, Bro.
15,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Man, I completely got ripped for this thing at Ritz Camera "Ultra" up at the mall. I didn't know that a $699 ($749 list, so I saved $50) camera was going to turn into $1054, but it did really quick. I'm having a moral dilema about returning it. The poor fucker that sold it to me probably makes commision, I probably made his day, and he should take his wife out to eat at a nice restaurant. Plus I'm supporting the local economy (I guess, if I even know what that is anymore).

More, better pics to come...

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Solid! :metal: I love my D3000, and the flip-out LCD on the 5k is a VERY nice addition.

PICS NOW! :D

·
should really be working.
366 Posts
You should try to take a picture of your new camera with your new camera using cleverly placed mirrors.

·
Bro of Bros, Bro.
15,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
PICS NOW! :D
More pics of the camera, or more pics with me actually using it? :D

I really like Nikons, and have used quite a few of their "nicer" cameras (D200, D300, etc.) so I will definitely let you guys know what I think.

The only reason that I didn't get the D3000 is that I'll need video.

·
badman
378 Posts
D5000's a nice *** man, congrats! :metal::) might have been worth waiting to check out the D3100 that Nikon announced today (D3000 replacement, has 1080p high-def video) to see which one you preferred, but the D5000 is a good buy imo.

·
Bro of Bros, Bro.
15,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
D5000's a nice *** man, congrats! :metal::) might have been worth waiting to check out the D3100 that Nikon announced today (D3000 replacement, has 1080p high-def video) to see which one you preferred, but the D5000 is a good buy imo.
Damn!

·
El Kabong
5,037 Posts
Yay! That case looks like a bigger version of the Tamrac case I got to go with my Canon G10. :yesway: I expect to see some proper test shots next time I see this thread.

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

Ritz Camera salesmen are somewhat commission-based, by way of "spiffs" they receive for certain items sold. I worked for Wolf Camera for 10 years, then a mixture of Wolf and Ritz stores after Ritz bought Wolf. You may have paid a little more than buying it from one of the NY con-artists, but chances are you'll get more help should you ever need it from Ritz than you would from the shit bags in NY.

Nice camera! I'm still mulling a D3000/3100, because I'm tired of borrowing my dad's D90 when I need something nicer than my Powershit.

Maybe I will grab Chris's D3000 used from him, once I tell him the D3100 was co-designed by Jonny Ives and comes with an Apple sticker. :rofl:

·
Premium Member
32,765 Posts
My bro recently bought a D5000. It's a SERIOUSLY nice camera, I only played with it briefly, but I've had major DSLR GAS ever since. Nice score!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.