Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
MAMMALHAMMER
520 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.3; en-us; DROID2 GLOBAL Build/4.5.1_57_D2G-38) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

From the speculation i've read, bruce wayne gets his back broken and or dies and someone else takes his place as batman. The previous films mention batman being a symbol rather than a person.

·
Super Moderator
13,448 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.3; en-us; DROID2 GLOBAL Build/4.5.1_57_D2G-38) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

From the speculation i've read, bruce wayne gets his back broken and or dies and someone else takes his place as batman. The previous films mention batman being a symbol rather than a person.
I hope not. Batman dying, I could deal with, but someone else taking his place? That would be seriously weak and would completely make no sense at all. Batman is who he is because he's: 1. super rich, 2. had tons of training in martial arts, 3. has the past where his parents were murdered which makes him want justice (or revenge even?), 4. doesn't use guns specifically because his parents were murdered by one, 5. was terrified of bats as a child, so picked the bat as a symbol.

If someone else became Batman, that person would not have Bruce Wayne's identity or money/resources, Batman's allies/companions, and wouldn't have the past, training, or reasons to do the things he does. Plus Batman in the second movie pretty much showed how much he hated people dressing up like him. In the comics, you have tons of different Robins, but you only have one Batman.

Knowing Nolan, I don't think that's really a possibility.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I don't think Jean Paul Valley is gonna be in Rises so perhaps we'll be spared the "Azbats" costume.

And no Robin so we don't have to worry about Grayson in an ill fitting suit to be the Dick Knight

/geekmode

1 - 5 of 5 Posts