Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
crying in your beer
3,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is exactly the absolute sovereign contempt of human life in audible form I was expecting it to be. Pre-ordered this the moment it was announced, should get my vinyl next week - already blasting the digital version nonstop since its release. Just fuck everything else and all existence in general, hail Satan.

https://deathspellomega.bandcamp.com/album/the-synarchy-of-molten-bones

·
Read Only
7,880 Posts
It's been a really great year for "holy fuck this sounds like the wailing of damned souls" metal. :lol:

·
Premium Member
5,213 Posts
It's been a really great year for "holy fuck this sounds like the wailing of damned souls" metal. :lol:
:lol: very true!

I like it but I did find it to be just blast after blast after blast. It lacks the melodic sections like the first track on the drought EP, various bits on Paracletus and Kenose and thats a big reason I like deathspell

·
Premium Member
2,996 Posts
Aren't these guys too Satanist to reduce their glorious metaphysical devilworship to mere notes and beats?

Disappointingly listenable. 2/10.

·
crying in your beer
3,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Aren't these guys too Satanist to reduce their glorious metaphysical devilworship to mere notes and beats?

Disappointingly listenable. 2/10.
Gotta have to reach the mob somehow. :lol:

·
crying in your beer
3,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
:lol: very true!

I like it but I did find it to be just blast after blast after blast. It lacks the melodic sections like the first track on the drought EP, various bits on Paracletus and Kenose and thats a big reason I like deathspell
Second half of the record is for you! Or more precisely - the last third of it (I think somewhere at the second half of "Onward..." the melodic parts start). But I hear you on the blast after blast thing...
Personally, I am not digging the "groove" parts on this too much, that doesn't fit them too much.

·
Premium Member
5,213 Posts
Second half of the record is for you! Or more precisely - the last third of it (I think somewhere at the second half of "Onward..." the melodic parts start). But I hear you on the blast after blast thing...
Personally, I am not digging the "groove" parts on this too much, that doesn't fit them too much.
I've listened through it a few times. It's good but still think it's a lot of the same stuff

1 - 8 of 8 Posts