Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Tr00 Kvlt
5,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why yes I did go there... demo #6 so far. Really liking this one so far but I don't have any structure ideas yet so i'm leaving it alone until I come up with more stuff for it. Hearing some killer vocal lines over this and wishing I had the vocal chops to pull it off. :lol: I'm thinking two singers for this one, one that has a swamp southern sound, and the other that has Chris Cornell type highs.... but where to find said singers? Hell if I know! :lol:

Got a shit load of guitar tracks going on, 2 clean hard L and R, 2 crunchy 50% L and R, and one overdriven Center, acoustic track Center and two acoustic tracks 25% L and R.

http://soundcloud.com/stoffelmusic/demo6iv

·
Read Only
3 Posts
Man - the left and right guitars are so out of sync with each other it's really distracting. It sounds like you don't quite have the feel for the timing yet...

The riff is cool though, just needs to be cleaned up a bit in the recording.

·
Tr00 Kvlt
5,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Man - the left and right guitars are so out of sync with each other it's really distracting. It sounds like you don't quite have the feel for the timing yet...

The riff is cool though, just needs to be cleaned up a bit in the recording.
I think it's the verb, I tried to make the cleans sound huge, but put too much verb on em then I duplicated the tracks for the crunch tracks and nudged them. Will fix soon, but I hear it too funny how it changes from reaper to SC.... it sounded great in Reaper. :lol:

·
Mr. Negative Pants, ,
14,796 Posts
Awesome! Though i'd still put this in the greasy-rock category vs. country. The vocalist could push it either way.

·
Pizza party!
3,284 Posts
Odd-time county licks are the best kind of county licks.

Of course, I'm more partial to odd-time municipal licks, but I won't turn down a good county lick if it's offered.

·
Tr00 Kvlt
5,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
http://soundcloud.com/stoffelmusic/demo6iv Here it is with quite a bit of things fixed....and bass drops added for luls. Removed the resonator rhythm track until I change the strings because it sounds like ass with old rusty strings on it.

*edit* Changed strings on said resonator. :lol:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts