Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
18,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recorded a rough demo of a new song I'm working on today, a little more "rock" than my last few posted songs. Bass tone is pretty muddy, mostly due to desperately needing new strings :lol: Drums aren't the greatest sounding, since they're just BFD Lite with no real mixing done to them, but Superior 2.0 still hasn't shown up (apparently Musicians Friend orders to Canada can take up to 45 business days...). The lead parts are just placeholders, really. Lyrics aren't done yet, so no vocals yet, but it'll have vocals (which is why things sound pretty simple and repetitive right now :lol:). Anyways, thought I'd share.

SoundClick artist: Eleven59 - Heavy, acoustic, electronic, melodic, punky, emo, alternative.

·
Chromaphonic Invader
1,298 Posts
Besides the terrible sound of those cymbals it's not bad at all, I quite like it. Everything is really catchy as it should be for this kind of song.

·
18,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Updated with a new mix, sounds way better IMHO, mainly because I actually did something with the drums :lol: Still not a huge fan of BFD Lite, but it's usable for demos.

Same link should work, since it just replaced the old mix.

·
Super Moderator
8,320 Posts
I think the drums, besides needing a little bit of velocity variation and a teeeeeeeny bit more work on individual EQing, sound really good. I think they really fit the vibe of the song quite well. They're not grungy exactly, but a little more organic and non-ubermetal, which really compliments the track. It reminds me of Extreme's Waiting For The Punchline sound, which has a really nice 'live' feel to it.

And those leads should totally stay.

I also really liked the song. I want to hear it with vocals. Great song writing so far :yesway:

·
18,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks man :yesway: Yeah, the velocities could probably be tweaked a bit more, this was just played in on my MIDI keyboard, so there's some velocity variation, but BFD isn't sensitive enough to pick it up :lol:

As for EQ, etc. all I did was compress the overall drum mix and balance the levels within the plugin itself :lol: I do like the room-y sound of the drums, though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts