Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Also, Snowy Shaw is rumored to be replacing their... Bassist? :scratch:

·
Super Moderator
2,037 Posts
:agreed:

I think Death Cult was my favorite album, the production and the clarity of that album is just incredible. The guitar tone is also crazy awesome :bowdown:
:agreed:

Anyone else get the Harry Potter humor?

·
Pizza party!
3,284 Posts
Gateways is also up on their Myspace (and for purchase on iTunes), which has higher sound quality.

Dimmu Borgir on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

Personally, I feel like they're sort of on autopilot with Gateways. Until the ending (after the blast section), little about it really stands out to my ear in relation to their older material. Beyond that, the female vocals were obviously (to me, at least) written around Simen's voice and just transposed to another, vaguely similar sounding female. Sort of a cop out.

I'll be interested in hearing the rest of the album, though.

·
Plastic bag in the sea
280 Posts
Also, Snowy Shaw is rumored to be replacing their... Bassist? :scratch:
AFAIK, he's on the album (Bass and backing vocals) but he left just recently to rejoin Therion. I quite like Gateways, though I'm waiting to see what the rest of the album is like. I really liked the last album (The Serpentine Offering is definitely one of my favourite DB songs), shame that Hellhammer has been replaced too though. :(

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
:lol: I thought he was in Dream Evil? Dude's a bigger band whore than Shannon is. :shannon:

·
Registered
6,968 Posts
:lol: I thought he was in Dream Evil? Dude's a bigger band whore than Shannon is. :shannon:
List of bands Snowy Shaw was in or is in:
-Notre Dame
-King Diamond
-Illwill
-Mercyful Fate
-Memento Mori
-Joacim Cans' solo band (Dude from hammerfall)
-Dream Evil
-XXX
-Eyes of Noctum
-Therion

Not nearly a big a list as, say, Steve DiGiorgio, Derek Roddy, or Dan Swano :lol:

·
Puddin
1,793 Posts
I remember reading something about Shagrath's comments when he was asked about hiring 100 people to contribute to the album. It just made me laugh because he basically started going off and calling the reporter stupid. And then he went on to talk about how impossible it was going to be to tour.

They better come out here in November like they said they would.:squint:

·
Mod Britannia
7,233 Posts
Well Gateways is interesting. Gotta give it a few more listens before I make a final decision on it, but it still sounds like Dimmu. The female vocals are horrible though.

·
Premium Member
3,930 Posts
Dimmu's first 4 were alright. Emperor will always be better. Try Dordeduh when the album comes out, or OM by Negura Bunget.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts