Metal Guitarist Forums banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Banned
7,428 Posts
Wirelessly posted (A Destroyer of short people: Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4B1 Safari/419.3)

As far as black metal videos go...it was very well done.

·
Puddin
1,793 Posts
I really like that video and the song. At first I hated the female vocals, but they grew on me about halfway through the song.

On a side note, is wrong that the costuming makes me want to be in a black metal band? It has to be tons of fun to dress up like that. :lol:

·
Lord Super Awesome
5,701 Posts
Not too shabby. Big Dimmu fan here too.
Not sure what to think about the female vox.
And it is interesting that the new bassist & keyboardist's faces are pretty well hidden. Still wish Vortex & Mustis were around.

·
Registered
132 Posts
The more I've listened to it the more it's grown on me. Can't say I'm enjoying the mix of it still though, the guitars are way dumbed down. Also the woman makes me cringe, its what i envisage sharon osbourne drunkenly singing kareoke to sound like.

·
Premium Member
13,448 Posts
That video was awesome. The only thing I didn't like was the female vocals.

My favorite Dimmu album would have to be Puritanical Euphoric Misanthropia, although Death Cult Armageddon comes pretty close.

·
Registered
199 Posts
i just can't get into dimmu borgir. but i haven't given them a fair chance, any recommendations ..

to be honest the only "black metal" bands i love listening to are absu and melechesh.

·
NICE BLACKMACHINE YO
7,276 Posts
If you like Absu you'll struggle to like DB. I don't think DB are black metal to be honest, more symphonic orchestra metal. :lol:

Absu are fucking amazing though, lightyears above and better than Dimmu Borgir and bands of that ilk.

·
Devil
1,871 Posts
Dimmu have evolved over the years. They never were black metal in a pure sense. For All Tid and the original Stormblast were the closest to such and even then there was a lot of backlash against them for being to accessible.

As far as these new tracks, I'll say that I don't think they'll top Puritanical in this style.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.