Head of Agile Gestapo
5,675 Posts
I likes it.

Dino, I'm waiting for that advance copy! :lol:

·
Retarded P.A Overlord.
14,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wirelessly posted (Nokia 5800: Mozilla/5.0 (SymbianOS/9.4; U; Series60/5.0 Nokia5800d-1/11.0.009; Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 ) AppleWebKit/413 (KHTML, like Gecko) Safari/413)

I'd like an advance copy too :(

·
Volvo Mis-Enthusiast
800 Posts
:shrug: Horses for courses I guess Dave. Personally, I think that new tune is fucking awesome :james:
For my drummer from my last band, Divine Heresy is all about Tim Yeung's talent when it comes to speed and precision. If anything, I think Dino is the weak link in the band; that is, all the other members (well, Tim and Joe Payne, anyway) make Dino pale in comparison.

:shrug: I can respect people who've played with Nile. (Tim and Joe). Also, I've never really experienced it first hand, but I hear Divine Heresy is the "Dino Show," if you know what I mean. :roll2:

·
Chromaphonic Invader
1,298 Posts
^To me Yeung and Dino Play really well together and that's what I like about the band. I hated the vocals on the first album and the bass wasn't very prominent. I have a few tracks where it's just Dino and Yeung practicing together and I love how well their styles mesh.

On this new track I really like the bass playing. The vocals are much better too in my opinion, still not my thing but it's an improvement.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
This song would be better without so many blast beats, btw. The drummer is excellent at what he does but he has no groove at all.

·
Head of Agile Gestapo
5,675 Posts
Nein. He was only on board for one tour.
Correct.

The new permanent vocalist is Travis Neal. He also sings for a band called The Bereaved. He's awesome. :metal:

Jake was good at screams but his voice was pushing and straining during cleans.

·
El Kabong
5,037 Posts
It's not bad, but I'm not sure how I feel about the vocals yet. The verses don't sound much different from Tommy, maybe a little more aggressive, the yelling/singing parts almost remind me a bit of Chester Bennington, and I'm not sure how I feel about the clean vocals. Again, it's not bad; I think I just need to hear more of it.

·
Retarded P.A Overlord.
14,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I also seen a big resemblence between this and Chester in the cleans, maybe why I dig it so much, was always listening to either FF or LP as a kid

·
Registered
6,968 Posts
Vocals are "There" to me. He's not great, he's not bad. the rest of the song is pretty awesome though. Looking forward to the new disc \m/

·
Head of Agile Gestapo
5,675 Posts
Should be a good one. :metal:

·
Registered
6,968 Posts
Yeah. I really wish Dino would be in a two guitar band though. Crazy leads over some of those badass riffs on the first disc would have ruled, and some of the riffs would have been REALLY sweet harmonized.

·
Head of Agile Gestapo
5,675 Posts
Couldn't agree more, dude. :yesway:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts