Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
18,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
574 Posts
Wow..That's pretty cool. I love their stuff as well. And it's a hell of a lot better than any of that Nirvana shit......

·
RG 7 player of doom
690 Posts
Gah, can't watch it due to capped internet :(
Dave Grohl is an absolute freak of nature on the drum kit. Not necessarily the more 'technical' but his technique, precision and power is truly mind boggling.
Excellent guitarist too, no doubt.
I had never really bothered to learn any Foo Fighters songs, but recently had whipped out the axe and learnt a few tunes from The Colour and The Shape :)
I too will be interested in hearing the album

·
Premium Member
32,765 Posts
Wow..That's pretty cool. I love their stuff as well. And it's a hell of a lot better than any of that Nirvana shit......
Careful. That's likely to kick off an ungly power struggle where I ban you, Chris immediately unbans you, and we end up having to settle it once and for all Wild West stye, though we're likely to trade the siz shooters for bottles of Jack. :D

·
Premium Member
7,708 Posts
So they're recording it like it's 1990. I can dig that. Hopefully it sounds like an old-school rock record.

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
Careful. That's likely to kick off an ungly power struggle where I ban you, Chris immediately unbans you, and we end up having to settle it once and for all Wild West stye, though we're likely to trade the siz shooters for bottles of Jack. :D
He'd be correct though. Though I wouldn't celebrate someone's demise, the best thing that ever happened to Dave's career is the end of Nirvana. He's far exceeded anything that Nirvana ever did. Nirvana was already going downhill at the time Cobain died.

So they're recording it like it's 1990. I can dig that. Hopefully it sounds like an old-school rock record.
They're not the only one. Slash's most recent is all to tape too, IIRC. I think it's getting to the point where it's difficult to get 2" tape, and people are getting in line to make the last "analog rock album".

It's probably the same feeling I get when I load up my 35mm SLR, wondering if it's the last time I shoot film.

·
Read Only
3 Posts
There's something magical about recording to tape. Maybe it's nostalgia, but something about the sound of a tape machine whirring just makes me smile.

·
18,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
There's something magical about recording to tape. Maybe it's nostalgia, but something about the sound of a tape machine whirring just makes me smile.
:agreed: Not to mention, music just needs to spin. I don't know what it is, but seeing something spinning that's playing back my music just makes me feel good :lol: Whether it's a record or a big reel of tape :D

Hell, I still have a reel of 2" tape sitting here in my room. No idea what to do with it :lol:

·
Premium Member
278 Posts
:agreed: Not to mention, music just needs to spin. I don't know what it is, but seeing something spinning that's playing back my music just makes me feel good :lol: Whether it's a record or a big reel of tape :D

Hell, I still have a reel of 2" tape sitting here in my room. No idea what to do with it :lol:
To be fair, hard drives and CDs spin too :lol:

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
Wirelessly posted (iDevice of Awesomeness: Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

TMatt142 said:
And also just generally a way better guitarist :lol:
And is also a much better song writer....
And Dave has less cranial ventilation. :lol:

1 - 20 of 53 Posts