Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kakow bitches!

Canada Posts tyrannical reign over my sanity is over(for now).

I haven't had much time to play this. I got it roughly 2 hours ago. It's super easy to play, i thought it would take me longer to get used to having no fret markers on the fretboard. It still has side dots, or i'd be screwed. I've run it through the paces of my bands songs and learned primus' "shake hands with beef" on it. This thing is a monster Mike. You are the man.

·
Super Moderator
4,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The is a lot of walnut, maple, purpleheart and ebony going on in this bass. This bass was not a custom that I ordered. It was a bass that mike used to play himself. I don't actually know what pickups are in it. Whenever mike sees this thread I'll ask him to speak up about the exact specs and pickups. So far though, it sounds so much better than my other basses. it's almost like night and day here and I love my dingwall. So much for that. Once i get the 5 string that i have being built, the dingy will be up for sale. haha

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
That is an amazing-playing bass. I was messing around with it the last time I was there.

Congrats!

·
Mr. Negative Pants, ,
14,796 Posts
Is it just me, or does the 21st fret look a little off? CALIPERS!

I kid, i kid... beautiful bass!

·
Premium Member
32,765 Posts
That looks like it's from about the same vintage as mine, dude. Sweet bass. :D

·
Super Moderator
4,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
mike said it was roughly 8 years old. So far I kinda want every bass of mine to be fretless now haha. i am really loving the fretless tone and playability. it is awesome.

·
Where?!
2,632 Posts
Congrats dude! That's a beautiful looking instrument, and fretless bass is extremely addictive once you get going with it!:yesway:

·
Registered
239 Posts
Kakow bitches!

Canada Posts tyrannical reign over my sanity is over(for now).

I haven't had much time to play this. I got it roughly 2 hours ago. It's super easy to play, i thought it would take me longer to get used to having no fret markers on the fretboard. It still has side dots, or i'd be screwed. I've run it through the paces of my bands songs and learned primus' "shake hands with beef" on it. This thing is a monster Mike. You are the man.

Godly godly !! thats the bass which i have seen and is now in your hands ! congrats it looks badass !! like the burl there and the fretless neck !:yesway:

·
Premium Member
8,927 Posts
Wow, that is a fantastic-looking bass. Congrats!

On fretless, I tend to play a lot more Jaco-like stuff, and so I really need the fret lines. I tried an unlined neck for awhile, and my intonation was all over the place when doing anything more complicated than playing basic root-based lines. Whenever I see fusion guys play complicated upper register stuff on unlined necks, I'm all the more amazed. Like learning upright bass, I guess it just takes years and years of practice.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts