Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Reverend Secret Flower
11,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Grabbed up this puppy a few days ago. Its a RG7421 body with a '99 RG7621 neck. Its all stock, and i just ordered some schaller strap lock buttons and a Blaze for the bridge.

Then I picked up this little guy. M-Audio Oxygen 25 MIDI Controller. Its friggin awesome. I can really feel song ideas just churning out of this guy.

Oh, and :hsquid:

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
'99 RG7621 neck.
Dear Ibanez,

Please bring that neck profile back. The current one sucks donkey balls.

Regards,

Dave

PS: There is this thing called alder. It is awesome. Google it.

·
Reverend Secret Flower
11,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dear Ibanez,

Regards,

Dave

NO SHIT! :lol: I had never played a 7621 neck, but your right, the profile is awesome.

That's a solid guitar after those mods, man! More pics when she's all put together <3
Why thank you sir Ryan! Will do

·
Premium Member
32,765 Posts
Dear Ibanez,

Regards,

Dave

...whereas I REALLY didn't like that profile. :lol: I was fine with it right up until I bought a 2027, when I realized how much more comfortable that profile was. Then I sold that (didn't get on with the tone) and bought a UV, and had the same experience. The CST reminded me of the 2027's profile, and the 1527 seems to be based on that neck as well, though maybe a hair less D-shaped. That was easily my favorite Ibanez neck profile, and the 7620 was my least. :lol:

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Honestly, the two Ibby profiles I like the most are the original late 80s, early 90s sixers, and the UV. Nothing else they did comes close. Having said that, I find the late 90s sevens worlds better than the current ones. The new stuff is unplayable to me.

·
Read Only
3 Posts
The original neon green JEM from the 80s is awesome. After that, I'm not much of a fan of the Ibanez neck.

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
The original neon green JEM from the 80s is awesome. After that, I'm not much of a fan of the Ibanez neck.
I bought my stepdaughter a 91-92 S, the same model Gambale played, and that neck is fantastic. They should have never changed that. You know, like Jackson--every guitar I pick up in the store has the same profile as my '87 Soloist.

·
I don't like it.
11,071 Posts
I bought my stepdaughter a 91-92 S, the same model Gambale played, and that neck is fantastic. They should have never changed that. You know, like Jackson--every guitar I pick up in the store has the same profile as my '87 Soloist.
I fucking loved the profile on my RR5, that's what I modeled my 6er's neck after.

·
THUNDERBEEEEAR!
3,920 Posts
I agree, My ex360 was a mid level guitar at best when I bought it in '91 but I think it smokes just about anything in the market today.

·
Premium Member
8,927 Posts
I agree with Matt, the original JEMs had an amazing neck profile. I've never played another Ibanez like them. The 7621 neck profile is a little too thin for me; I prefer the 1527 profile but can't stand the profile on the cheapo Chinese/Indonesian/where-the-hell-ever Ibanez sevens. They feel clunky.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts