Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Not baked anymore.
3,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

This stuff sounds like Q2K and everything else that has Slater/Gray's hands on it......until that one song with the raspy vocals....I don't know if that was Taint or not, but it sounded like asshole, so there's taint in there somewhere.

Blah....not surprised.

·
Safe Spaces Advocate
3,125 Posts
I like Mindcrime and loved Queensryche during that period.

That notwithstanding, in this picture he looks like someone's tranny grandmother.

·
Super Moderator
8,927 Posts
:lol: Even Burt's not that much of an asshole...

Finally gave a listen to these samples. Better than his last few efforts, both solo and Taintryche, but a very very very long ways from classic Ryche. The other guys' album from 2013 blows this away, and I'm eagerly looking forward to their new album in October. They've had a lot more time to work on it compared to the 2013 album, and they're promising something more proggy and involved.

·
Registered
3,275 Posts
Re-Inventing actually sounds pretty good. Sounds like he actually tried to put effort in ripping off a Mindcrime-era Queensryche song.

Everything else is meh. Vocals on the 3rd song are atrocious. The harmonies on all the songs sound like shit. The strings/orchestra sound faker than Operation Mindcrime 2.

Can't wait until October. If the guys in Queensryche can put out something as good, if not better than the last album, then I have more faith in the band.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts