Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Sir Groove-A-Lot
Charvel So Cal & San Dimas
6,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a new demo of a song we've just written

For demonstration purposes we decided to cut off the first half of the track because, without vocals, it's boring as shit, really repetitive verses etc.

·
Sir Groove-A-Lot
6,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Haha thanks, we're working on it! A couple more tracks and we'll hit the studio and record an EP, but between now and then it's just a case of finding a proper gravel-voiced belter who can do this type of rock justice. It's hard, man :(

·
getting schwifty
1,285 Posts
very catchy, matt. production quality is good imo, may be better to track everything yourselves (except for vocals, unless you know what to do) and send it out to get polished. well won't be too long before you're too busy touring, to post here. :lol:

edit: yeah, just noticed your signature.. go ahead and put out an album, i'll follow suit with mr. quigs and adam..

·
Sir Groove-A-Lot
6,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
:agreed:

very catchy, matt. production quality is good imo, may be better to track everything yourselves (except for vocals, unless you know what to do) and send it out to get polished. well won't be too long before you're too busy touring, to post here. :lol:

edit: yeah, just noticed your signature.. go ahead and put out an album, i'll follow suit with mr. quigs and adam..
Haha yeah thanks man, I've been doing it semi-pro for a couple of years so I'll be doing it myself. When I say 'hit the studio' I mean the place up the road where I work, as opposed to at my house :lol:

We're going to start off with a 5 track EP I think. We've got 3 and half songs in the bag already, just gotta finish one and then write another and we're good to go!

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
I like this. Heavy, but sort of comfortably heavy - like a broken in pair of jeans, but with more headbanging. This sort of stuff would own live, I think.

·
Sir Groove-A-Lot
6,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Cheers dude.

Yeah this track is about as heavy or as 'metal' as we're gonna get. The band was meant to be hard rock at the very most, but with a major focus on groove/blues/funk undertones. This track is bordering a little too close to that stiff Megadeth kinda feel, but it didn't sound out of place with our other tracks so we went with it.

For contrast; the track we're working on at the moment sounds like country :lol:

·
Sir Groove-A-Lot
6,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
For the love of god, don't get a Phil Anselmo clone on this :lol:

Sounds great, so far :metal:
Hell no man this is totally the wrong style for that shit. Need a proper Myles Kennedy type (pfft as if that'll happen. but something close will do!)

Needs more slide guitar.

Bon Jovi country?

ITT Drew sends Rolling Stone his resume.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts