Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
המרחב וה
2,061 Posts
I thought this was an old thread at first, I'm so happy it isn't.

Very though provoking video too. Well done Gojira.

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
:yesway:

I somehow slept on these guys for years and I have no idea why. Finally gave them a chance a few months ago and I have been hooked since.
My awakening was when they were on tour with Mastodon. I had seen them previously at a festival, but they played the "backdoor" stage with a shite sound system. Hearing them through a proper PA indoors was my ah-ha moment.

·
Premium Member
32,450 Posts
I guess I'll be the one to break the love fest...

At least when Metallica dumbed it down on the black album, the guitar tone got way better. This went the opposite direction, since the guitars sound neutered. I guess that matches the lack of vocal direction and paint by the numbers songwriting, though. This is completely forgettable.

·
Premium Member
11,451 Posts
Yeah, as a long-time fan I don't like this much, either. It's lacking the vibe I expect. I mean, it's fine, but it sounds just like Magma, which I was kinda meh on. Maybe this will be one of those where the live version is awesome?

Too bad, since the video is cool as hell.

·
Not baked anymore.
3,555 Posts
Fuck yeah!

I hope we have concerts again because I haven't seen these guys yet and from all the live shit I've watched, they fucking destroy live.

At least when Metallica dumbed it down on the black album, the guitar tone got way better. This went the opposite direction, since the guitars sound neutered. I guess that matches the lack of vocal direction and paint by the numbers songwriting, though. This is completely forgettable.
Classic noodles is classic noodles!

·
המרחב וה
2,061 Posts

When it comes to the guitar-tone, I'll agree to that.

I was wondering if it was just me. I like the song still however.

·
Sir Groove-A-Lot
Charvel So Cal & San Dimas
6,916 Posts

All of this, 100%
I didnt even make it through the whole track. They just don't do it for me any more :shrug:

1 - 20 of 60 Posts