Metal Guitarist Forums banner
41 - 60 of 60 Posts

·
המרחב וה
2,061 Posts
As a huge Gojira fan I was expecting greatness based on the comments but honestly, they can write a better song than this.
Yeah, the riffs are cool and etc. But's it's not really a good song and something is off about that mix. Aside from the drums, they sound amazing.

Maybe I need to listen to it again but that song is nothing compared to this. This is perfection:

I liked they had all the Gojira 'elements' but it's not really a grabbing song. Still hopeful however for the rest of the record.
And I definitely think while "Another World" was different for Gojira, it was by far a better song.

Anyone else notice "The Way of a All Flesh" synth like thing in the background?

·
Banned
13,827 Posts
They've been saying on social medias that this is the first single off their new album. So it's possible that "Another World" was just an in-between-records-one-off-thing.

·
OldSchool Blacksmith
2,866 Posts
They've been saying on social medias that this is the first single off their new album. So it's possible that "Another World" was just an in-between-records-one-off-thing.
Apple Music has Another World listed as a track on the new album... maybe a different mix?

·
Banned
13,827 Posts
^

Hmmm... Quite possible. I guess we'll have to wait in April to find out.

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
Apple Music has Another World listed as a track on the new album... maybe a different mix?
That's what I'm seeing, too. At least, I already pre-ordered the album, and I now have both tracks :)

·
Not baked anymore.
3,555 Posts
My wife and I checked it out last night, we said the exact same thing; “Little nervous at first but by the end I was happy.”

Gonna listen in my studio tonight, but on my Bose in my living room, the drums sounded like real drums. As in, no overbearing, sampled, click-y kick with RBass all over it. I wonder if Josh Wilbur did this mix too? He’s might be my new favorite metal mixer. The last Gojira album and Trivium’s latest album are just perfect metal mixes, especially that last Trivium one.

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
Fairly universal sentiments, it seems...

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
I love that Gojira is the band that those two dudes latched onto. I would never have expected that.

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
I love that Gojira is the band that those two dudes latched onto. I would never have expected that.
I'm thinking that Gojira's sense of the beat and heavily syncopated rhythms lends well to folks accustomed to R&B/hiphop/rap, but getting into the vocal style, that was definitely something I didn't see. But then, angst is pretty universal :)

·
Read Only
7,880 Posts
I feel like Joe's vocals sit on this sweet spot between full on death growls and more traditional hard rock/metal "gruff" vocals that are still sorta recognizable as singing. I can see how it's less of an acquired taste than, say, Corpsegrinder's vocals.

·
OldSchool Blacksmith
2,866 Posts

·
Thread Killer
2,196 Posts
My wife and I checked it out last night, we said the exact same thing; "Little nervous at first but by the end I was happy."

Gonna listen in my studio tonight, but on my Bose in my living room, the drums sounded like real drums. As in, no overbearing, sampled, click-y kick with RBass all over it. I wonder if Josh Wilbur did this mix too? He's might be my new favorite metal mixer. The last Gojira album and Trivium's latest album are just perfect metal mixes, especially that last Trivium one.
Andy Wallace mixed it, his stuff is always authentic because he came from an era where it had to be done properly.

41 - 60 of 60 Posts