Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I was originally going to use this for my next amp which would have a similar chassis but black with white lettering but i tried it with my current SLO and it just looks awesome.

I shall soon have some clips/pics & build info on my next amp up which may interest some people.

·
Guiterrorizer
15,696 Posts
I want to buy that from you in the worst way :lol:

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks great. :yesway: I hope to build an SLO clone some day.
You should get to it!.

Theres a guy on the SLOclone forums that is selling a chassis with PCBS that are fully populated for around £100 altogether what hes selling is worth around 250

all it needs to finish it off is the pots/switches/jacks & then transformers and headshell you could do the entire build for around £400 if you got those ive been very tempted myself

·
Registered
701 Posts
You should get to it!.

Theres a guy on the SLOclone forums that is selling a chassis with PCBS that are fully populated for around £100 altogether what hes selling is worth around 250

all it needs to finish it off is the pots/switches/jacks & then transformers and headshell you could do the entire build for around £400 if you got those ive been very tempted myself
That sounds like a good deal. I'll probably at least get the PCBS from the SLOclone forums when I'm ready to start building one.

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That sounds like a good deal. I'll probably at least get the PCBS from the SLOclone forums when I'm ready to start building one.
in this one i used the smash pcbs from the forums but i actually prefer the c3amps ones theyre higher quality overall and the power PCB is spaced for some really nice F&T filter caps that have one of the lowest ripple ratings on the market.

·
Registered
701 Posts
in this one i used the smash pcbs from the forums but i actually prefer the c3amps ones theyre higher quality overall and the power PCB is spaced for some really nice F&T filter caps that have one of the lowest ripple ratings on the market.
How much do the c3amps PCBS cost?

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
My prices are a little different due to ongoing deals and whatnot but i think for a set its $40 whereas the smashguitars ones are currently $25 but the quality difference is definitely worth it.

not that the smash ones are bad the c3 ones are just that much better

1 - 15 of 15 Posts