Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From the show they did on 7/30/2009 @ Wacken Open air.

Seems more intense than the radio city music hall versions.

setlist:

1. E5150
2. The Mob Rules
3. Children of the Sea
4. I
5. Bible Black
6. Time Machine
7. Fear
8. Falling Off the Edge of the World
9. Follow the Tears
10. Die Young
11. Heaven and Hell
12. Country Girl
13. Neon Knights

·
Registered
6,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also, in that version of Neon Knights, seems like Iommi does a retake on the solo in the middle of the song, and just plays half of it, starts over and plays the whole thing. If you werent listening to for it, you wouldn't notice, though :lol:

·
Premium Member
32,450 Posts
I'm waiting for them to release this concert on DVD:

·
Premium Member
8,927 Posts
While we're at it, Iommi and Butler need to find a way to get the 1980 Black and Blue video re-released on DVD, with the Sabbath and BOC shows included separately and in full (they were mashed together on the VHS version).

They also need to finally release the video filmed in Dallas on the Mob Rules tour in 1982. I believe it was filmed for release as a home video or for promo use, and that show was also used for some of the tracks on the Live Evil album. Here are a couple of rough clips from it. I believe the audio from the album was matched up to the clips.

·
Registered
6,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, i always wondered whatever happened to the video that was supposed to be released for Live Evil, since he mentions they're filming the show on the live album as well.

I also want to see them release the Dio tribute concert from a few months ago with Jorn Lande. Shame is, I'll have to watch songs with the aging hipster-Bono with a Euro mullet/fauxhawk singing some of them.

·
Premium Member
8,927 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A400 Safari/6531.22.7)

Re: Live Evil. 9 times out of 10, it comes down to multiple rights owners when these things don't get released. Not just the band and label, but their former managers, the filming company etc.

My understanding is that no work has ever been done to the raw Live Evil video, so it would cost some money to put it together properly. Also, the album audio couldn't simply be dubbed over it, since multiple shows were used to compile the album. The market's there for a Live Evil video, but the cost is probably prohibitive compared to, say, the Black & Blue video, which only requires a digital transfer of an existing finished product.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts