Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Haven't given this song a name yet or finished writing lyrics for it (hence the reason WHY it doesn't have a name yet), but I think it sounds FUCKING AWESOME!!!!!!!!! Yeah... especially the end with all the demonic sounding guitars and drums 'n' junk.

The structure is pretty crazy, but vocals should help bridge the parts together a little better.

This was recorded with my Axe-FX through Reaper. I suck at mixing, but I think the tones sound kickass.

Not a song for people who only listen to traditional song structures. :ugh:

SoundClick artist: Eric Fetterman - Eric Fetterman

·
Registered
6,968 Posts
sounds badass so far \m/. I love the melody part that occur around 2:43. I know they happen elsewhere, but thats where i remember seeing the timer at when i heard one of them.

·
Registered
641 Posts
I love the song! Really awesome!

I think the hi-hat is a bit too fizzy and maybe also a bit too loud. And I thnk the kick needs to come through just a bit more, but that's just my 2 cents.

What did you use for the drums? Is this EZDrummer DFH?

Great song, man !!!:yesway:
I really like how different parts are alternating.

·
Premium Member
13,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I love the song! Really awesome!

I think the hi-hat is a bit too fizzy and maybe also a bit too loud. And I thnk the kick needs to come through just a bit more, but that's just my 2 cents.

What did you use for the drums? Is this EZDrummer DFH?

Great song, man !!!:yesway:
I really like how different parts are alternating.
Thanks. :yesway: Although very few of the riffs are repeated and the structure is kind of unconvential, musically the song is based around certain themes and patterns, which I think makes some very very different parts flow together.

I used EZDrummer DFH for the drums. I agree that the hi-hat might be a bit loud, but I think the kick is pretty loud too. :lol: (Or... really the drums on the whole are pretty loud).

Thanks for the input!

·
Canis lupis robertus
5,706 Posts
Guys, he's not making a master song here. It's a scratch recording to cement his idea.

One thing that drives me NUTS is how when people post stuff, every time it seems like all the amateur Andy Sneaps come out of the wood work offering mixing advice. Great, if that's what you're looking for. But sometimes people just like to share ideas.

·
Premium Member
13,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
^:lol: True dat. It's a scratch recording and I don't even have vocals yet, but I am totally open to advice on improving recordings for the future if anyone has advice.

So... what did you think, Bob? :lol: ("... it stinks!")

·
Banned
7,428 Posts
Guys, he's not making a master song here. It's a scratch recording to cement his idea.

One thing that drives me NUTS is how when people post stuff, every time it seems like all the amateur Andy Sneaps come out of the wood work offering mixing advice. Great, if that's what you're looking for. But sometimes people just like to share ideas.
It's just critique :fawk:

Agree about the cymbols, they cut real hard.

·
Premium Member
32,765 Posts

Bob, insightful comment, however I think your font might not have been the most appropriate for this message. Have you considered a serif font? Wingdings might be a little too over the top, but I suppose it would be worth a try. Also, I think it might pop off the page a little better if you changed from size 10 to size 11.5. And, I notice a curious lack of italics here - italicizing "master" in the first sentence could really add a bit of punch and impact to your point.

Oevrall, not bad for a first pass, though! :yesway:

:wub:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.